What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love the Ethos!

to be honest its not all wine and roses out here...I left a ski area being only half an hour away...versus 4-6 hours(depending on Bay Area Kooks driving up to Tahoe)...and the cost O Livin' is ridiculous...The best part is the clean cars!

I've got my eye on Bend as a final destination....but going back to NY? or even New England? probably not...I dream of finding an old 911 that I can afford and driving that and the LC...
I’d like the same, but will settle for a Baja VW. ;)

I'm also pretty sure I found the source of my drive line clunk.

New flange vs old flange. The splines on the old flange had been worn to a point!
IMG_20200516_150039.jpg

IMG_20200516_150028.jpg

Replaced front right worn bearings and the left turn ”growl” is GONE! I did not take a picture, since it just looks like a wheel on an LX now. I had a few issues, but it’s all back together. I thought this guy’s set of videos was very well done: ME MY channel wheel bearings

My old physics professors used to say “Don’t force it...just get a bigger hammer!”
That's engineering, definitely not physics (spoken by a laser physicist)

50 pumps oh my, some will say you have a ticking time bomb... but the forum is split in opinion about this so you should be good.. i like to pump until i see new grease as well pumped 20 times when first got it, don't think it had ever been done.
Drove it straight after, warmed it up and put it through some tests. Everything normal , however, seems like it doesn't downshift a gear as easy as it used too. No feeling like jolting , really smooth. If grease can escape under the pressure of the grease gun, it makes no sense that it would stay in the shaft under heavy forces from driving.

That is horrible and well overdue. Mines due for change as well, 2014 is the date on it. (cooper filter)

Mine has never been changed. 215K so far. Guess I'd better order one. Does Toyota even have a service interval for the fuel filter?

Mine has never been changed. 215K so far. Guess I'd better order one. Does Toyota even have a service interval for the fuel filter?

Put my Slee diff drop in today, and new driver side door hinges.

Still need to work on my pinch welds some more, these 34s are still rubbing.

So for the past two days I have been crawling around under this thing cleaning up and doing general maintenance. I have had this rig for a year and it has 189k miles on it. I just found this. I assume it's the key that is supposed to go in the glove box

View attachment 2308391

View attachment 2308392

I had owned mine for 6 months or more and one day I found a hide-a-key box in my driveway. Turned out to be the extra key for my LX!

New hood struts, new key bodies, new antenna mast, and mounted my fire extinguisher this week.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_50fc.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_50b0.jpg

jpdRgPkMR%mScQ1%Sna5wA_thumb_50c0.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_50b4.jpg

Yeah 30,000km's both diesel and petrol. Uploaded 105 series for someone else.

Attachments

• maintenance-schedule-land-cruiser-105-series.pdf
    122.6 KB · Views: 236
I had a chance to install a new transmission mount and @TRAIL TAILOR creeper skid and rear shock skids. It was super satisfying replacing all the rusted hardware with fresh OEM pieces. Torque specifications: 37 ft-lbs for the cross member to frame bolts, 43 ft-lbs for the transmission mount bolts, and 54 ft-lbs for the crossmember to transmission mount bolts. I used a 14 mm 6 pt socket for the bolts on the cross member and for transmission mount, and a deep 17 mm for the 6 pt for the nuts on the cross member to transmission mount.
3CDD6CEB-26EE-4C01-866E-91AE93C9950F.jpeg

Cross member was pretty rusty. Looks way worse on the side, flaking layers.
D322E364-D6CB-4545-B568-A5DA49F54DDE.jpeg

Transmission mount rubber was in pretty decent condition, the metal was a little rusty.
100AEBB4-4723-4025-B62D-BD06A303E0FA.jpeg

CECC7EF6-C41D-45C7-B617-37961633652D.jpeg

Had a chance to use my cross beam attachment only 40 bucks with coupon from Harbor Freight, super handy. I have been super happy with my Daytona jack, gives me 24 inches of lift! I used a 12 ton jack with some shop towels to hold up transmission while I swapped everything out. Will come in handy for for bumper install.
73001B1F-ADCF-474B-9078-D75D7475D31F.jpeg

Last edited:
Fit and finish on the creeper skid line up nicely. No need to widen any holes.
4C3EC8A6-FF82-486F-AB4A-4390069EF1D1.jpeg

1797AB45-2887-4256-848A-EBDC1838E3A9.jpeg

I used a 15 mm 6 pt combination wrench and 15 mm ratcheting wrench to tighten the hardware on @TRAIL TAILOR rear shock guard, fits like a glove. Took maybe 10 minutes a side including retorquing the shock bolt, 72 ft lbs I think.
04070D00-B3D1-49D7-BE69-F3DD52D5CD08.jpeg

Access hole for the lubing the driveshaft zerk fitting.
4219AB47-6AD4-433E-B7E3-80EB4F48E08A.jpeg

Ran out of daylight to replace the front and rear sway bar with the uprated ones from TJM and SuperPro, and fresh OEM hardware. Next on the docket after these is @LandCruiserPhil aux fan kit.

Last edited:
Replaced front right worn bearings and the left turn ”growl” is GONE! I did not take a picture, since it just looks like a wheel on an LX now. I had a few issues, but it’s all back together. I thought this guy’s set of videos was very well done: ME MY channel wheel bearings
That's @2001LC channel. He is very knowledgeable about LC and a solid dude when it comes to helping out his fellow LC owners.
I suggest sending him a token of appreciation via PayPal if you found his videos useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom