What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Didnt take any photos but took my 99 with 505,000 miles down to south Florida and back to rescue the wife kid

Where are you pics? DIY pressurized shower system is my quarantine project tomorrow. Then test out solar power system.
I will take some pics and upload today....it holds a little over 4 gallons and is 75" long made with 4" PVC thick walled pipe

installed DIY camp shower to stock /Modified roof rack, and in the process of installing DIY awning (10x10)
IMG_9760-shower2.JPG
IMG_9761-shower3.JPG
IMG_9762-shower1.JPG

I just picked up everything I need from home depot to do this exact set up.
let me know if you need any help through the process, to mount the valves i just used a step drill to get the just smaller than the valve male end, i pre-cut the length of the valve stub on the inlet port (Blue) so i wouldn't have a ton of that threaded valve down in the pipe and also did the same at the exit port (Red) so all the water would drain out, the LC has a kinda tild from rear to front so almost 100% of the water will be available at the outlet, i used JB WEld to reinforce the outlet valve, the inlet valve screwed into the PVC pipe just fine. Sand the pipe with some 400 grit, prime with a good plastic primer, paint with a flat black (i did three coats) and it will absorb more heat. warming your water for a decent camp shower.

I reached out to

I reached out to you via e-mail yesterday about a pack for me.

Did you get a reply? I just arrived at the shop and we are 100% caught up on emails. If you didnt hear from us we may not have seen it. Let us know

Did you get a reply? I just arrived at the shop and we are 100% caught up on emails. If you didnt hear from us we may not have seen it. Let us know
Nope, i am working from home and got distracted and forgot to hit send...sent it a minute ago.

I did the spare tire lift mod and noticed that my spare was made in 2005 and looks like it's original to the vehicle. Check out the marks where it's been pressed against the braces and the cracked sidewall. It was still holding air. I grabbed a cheap $40 Goodyear with decent tread to use as my new spare. I also removed my tow hitch temporarily for Moab.

QfH3KtC.jpg

tlOFITs.jpg

d71Pr6R.jpg

MOhRQSt.jpg

Just a suggestion:

See if you can return your new spare tire (275) for the same matching size (285) as your other 4. If you need the spare your AWD isn’t going to like the difference.

Great looking truck btw.

We took our LX out to Big Bend for the week. Hauled our gear, 4 family members, and a couple of bikes. I did a quick checkover of the truck before we left and it has a couple of small fluid leaks at the oilpan, center diff, and power steering that will need to be addressed soon. However, they haven't been leaking enough to leave spots on the driveway. We put just over 1200 miles on the LX over the week. Spent a couple of hours offroad on River Road West and LOTS of time running at 75-85 on I-10 and other open roads in the area. It didn't miss a beat. The old LX is 20 years old this year and has just over 250K on it. I'm still amazed how good these trucks are. Competent on offroad trails and comfortable on the road.

2cam
LX in Big Bend.jpg

A few days of social distancing with the family in Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Hiking, trail running and fly fishing. Doesn't get much better.
63F90F47-A503-4F55-BE8D-A6702A0877BF_1_201_a.jpeg

Just a suggestion:

See if you can return your new spare tire (275) for the same matching size (285) as your other 4. If you need the spare your AWD isn’t going to like the difference.

Great looking truck btw.
For low speed and short distances it's fine. I know a full-size spare is always best but this will do for now.

Carpeted my Air Down Gear Up SS1. Really liking this as a light weight storage solution and sleeping platform. Need to get the Exped Megamat but holding off on upgrades etc for a bit.

IMG_8410.jpg

Last edited:
Did my part to social distance by going out to the Ouachita Mtns with family and the dog to shoot some guns. I was nice and let them take the 4Runner 😁

32490DFD-CA97-41B2-90D1-00C8B6E759C3.jpeg

3008D90B-95D1-4C61-81D0-B9896DDA7788.jpeg

Installed a set of SOR Tuff Duck seat covers in the front row of our old LX.

Comparing the to the SOR Tuff Duck seat covers, to the Wet Okole seat covers, that we installed about 2.5 years ago in my son's vehicle.

The Tuff Duck covers:​
Were a much easier install.​
Are a less "tailored" fit and less visually appealing than the Wet Okole.​
Feel more comfortable to me, than the neoprene of the Wet Okole.​

Just received this in the mail from Duane @ MCSSPECIAL, rear axle retainer, tone ring, and bearing puller tool. New plate is developed to fit our 100 series axels.

Now all I need is the bearings to arrive at @cruiseroutfitters from Japan.... been waiting a couple months already... Darn you covid-19!
04BDBF04-BABA-49F2-9217-407BD8DC9174.jpeg
B93A0844-E6EA-4F79-8FA5-0140A831CCF2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom