What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (64 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have water in the drivers floorboard of my 2000 LC that had the windshield replaced 4 years ago. I have checked and they used screws. I'm in the process of doing the switch to rivets and will hopefully dry everything up and set it right.

My question, out of ignorance, is why do rivets make the difference? What is it that causes screws to allow water in? Why does it matter?

The screws are unlikely to create a waterproof seal between themselves and the A-pillar. And that's before the holes start rusting out because the threads removed paint/primer. . . the proper rivets have plastic caps so they do seal.
Mine had a PO-era windshield replacement and had freaking screws. I removed the screws, rubbed touch-up primer around in the holes generously (felt too lazy to remove the trim fully, though probably should've just done it), and then riveted with the right rivets. There are a number of threads on this.

Had a slight run in with a fence post... Fortunately, the bumper and molding took the brunt of it. I think I can pop the dent out from inside the wheel well.

Oh well, I guess it matches the pinstripes I've already added. :meh:

E8427C18-1E72-4266-AB38-44C07921DB8C.jpeg

0D186970-9094-4A7F-B6BC-C089CFED460F.jpeg

Ordered a Tough Dog kit (springs, shocks, diff drop, UCAs) for our old LX from Trail Tailor. With some mild arm twisting, I was also talked into ordering some Trail Tailor sliders.

I was debating ordering some replacement leather for the front seats, but decided that we could get by on some SOR Tuff Duck seat covers for a while, so I ordered a set for the front seats.

If I get ordered to telecommute for work, due to the coronavirus scare, I'll have some minor projects to work on during the breaks :)

Ordered a Tough Dog kit (springs, shocks, diff drop, UCAs) for our old LX from Trail Tailor. With some mild arm twisting, I was also talked into ordering some Trail Tailor sliders.

I was debating ordering some replacement leather for the front seats, but decided that we could get by on some SOR Tuff Duck seat covers for a while, so I ordered a set for the front seats.

If I get ordered to telecommute for work, due to the coronavirus scare, I'll have some minor projects to work on during the breaks :)

ENABLER STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!!!! Ha! thanks for the repeat orders J.

J

Picks of rack? I've been interested in using 8020 for cross bars, keeping things stock otherwise.
I’ve added more pictures To my original post. There is a thread that discusses exactly what you are considering (Get more from your factory roof rack with t-slotted aluminum (8020)). I went the extra distance because I wanted to be able to fit full sheets of plywood on top and carry pole tools up there conveniently. So my rack is 48.5” wide. After a trip to Home Depot to pick up wood for my son, I can attest that it’s quiet up to 50 mph. Without the fairing it was noisy. I’m also considering decking it, but will live with it as is for a while.

4448D6DB-A379-4DFA-8BAF-91957F36B639.jpeg
I am planning on doing the A/C evap coil foaming clean soon (on next sunny day) and I have new filters I am waiting to install afterwards.

i started thinking backwards as to what else I would want to do before that and my mind went to the condition of the fresh air intake at base of windshield. So I am working mine overaccorsing to this video, very helpful:

Reactions: KTP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom