What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (64 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took the trailer out on a shakedown run in Anza Borrego. Had a blast!

Light chores!
Sealed and installed some Amazon fog lights...put in 9011 and 9012 bulbs in the headlights...and put in the wee LED lights in the bumper wired to a green zombie apocalypse push button switch next to the RDL switch...what the hell, why not?

5C889717-EFE5-4395-8444-269EDC3CAF62.jpeg

Changed the fuel filter in the hope that the stuttering is gone. Unfortunately not.

Nice! Where did you get the dash?

Found it on eBay from a junkyard out of the Northern States, the less sun the better.

Nicely wrapped and transported on a large skid.

The original was replaced for an aftermarket whatever and now great working original Nagamishi radio was installed also, I found that one here on Mud

:cheers:

Last edited:
Found it on eBay from a junkyard out of the Nothern States, the less sun the better.

Nicely wrapped and transported on a large skid.

The original was replaced for an aftermarket whatever and now great working original Nagamishi radio was installed also, I found that one here on Mud

:cheers:
Thanks, i'll take a gander! Mine is actually starting to develop some small cracks. It's from southern California.

Changed the cabin air filter and it was long overdue. I prefer to buy household filters and cut them to size rather than purchasing OEM filters. Much cheaper that way and they do just as good of a job since I can be picky about what MERV rating I want.

Big week for the 470.
I installed Trail-Tailor adjustable upper and lower rear control arms and rear extended anti-sway links Sunday. Drove it to ACC in Atlanta Monday for DT header install, came back home and ordered DT Catback (Website showed out of stock so I called DT just to find out availability but they offered me a smoking deal so I went ahead and pulled the trigger). Picking up the 470 next Monday and bringing home to install DT catback and Tough Dog adjustable panhard bar Monday afternoon.

I will post pics next week!

Fish Creek? It was really wet out there last week

Fish Creek? Did you go to Diablo Drop off? Its been really wet out there lately. Join us for the Vet Convoy run on March 23rd.

Fish Creek was dry as a bone. Really windy though. I went down Diablo drop off last trip but this time I was with a stock 4runner so we just did an out and back from Fish Creek to Sandstone canyon and Olla wash.

Thanks for the invite! But I have a totally awesome baby shower to go to.

LC front pinion seal was leaking. So I had the shop replace all seals and bearings, and throw an ARB up front. ARBs front and rear with atrac if lockers not needed. I'm gunna get into trouble now...

Figure when I pickup an 03+ I'll swap thirds and have ARB lockers with 4.3 and the 5 speed

Last edited:
Completed some visible and not-visible maintenance. On the visible side, installed brand new headlights, with a proper HID conversion, courtesy of @Luke111. It was a very nice straight forward install, and they "look" great -- haven't had a chance to try at night yet.

View attachment 1917774View attachment 1917775

On the invisible side, I replaced all the AHC globes with new OEM ones, and torqued the torsion bars to get the pressures back to spec. It rides like it's on a cloud (better than I ever remember...)

View attachment 1917776

...and finally on the invisible, and totally free side (for once), I re-programmed my key to unlock all the doors on the first press, instead of fiddling with the double click to unlock them all.View attachment 1917777View attachment 1917778
I like that you're still rocking and maintaining the AHC with all the armor. This is my plan too.

I’m starting a project to regear the transfer case. Going with a the lower low range and hirange underdrive setup. This should be fun....

To reduce the down time, I purchased a used transfercase and will install the new gears in that then swap the cases.

While I’m in there I’ll replace the transmission mount on the bellypan.

I’m starting a project to regear the transfer case. Going with a the lower low range and hirange underdrive setup. This should be fun....

To reduce the down time, I purchased a used transfercase and will install the new gears in that then swap the cases.

While I’m in there I’ll replace the transmission mount on the bellypan.
View attachment 1920596

View attachment 1920600

I am thinking of regearing the high range gears on my 06 to compensate for the 285/75R17 tires on it. I heard some reports of increased noise. Where did you end up buying them from? let us know what you think of them.

I am thinking of regearing the high range gears on my 06 to compensate for the 285/75R17 tires on it. I heard some reports of increased noise. Where did you end up buying them from? let us know what you think of them.
I got them from “Cruiser Outfitters” and I chose the ones made in Japan for a bit more $. I’ll do a thread and link to the 80 series thread. It’s the same case inside with some small updates on the diff electrical motor connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom