What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Changed out all 4 accumulators today, truck is buttery smooth now!

43009334814_1df4cbb022_b.jpg

43725589931_a9b5eaba22_b.jpg

41916596990_ca7122252c_b.jpg

How long would say it took you to do all 4?

I see you went with OEM globes (good call) - so I'm guessing you're going to keep this one closer to stock?

I mean between the lifted TLC and super fast Benz in your driveway - no need to go crazy modding the LX, right?

How long would say it took you to do all 4?

I see you went with OEM globes (good call) - so I'm guessing you're going to keep this one closer to stock?

I mean between the lifted TLC and super fast Benz in your driveway - no need to go crazy modding the LX, right?

Oh man these are super easy to replace, esp if you have the right 36mm fan clutch wrench to undo the globes. Just put the truck in Low position, open the bleeder valve on all 4 globes and height sensor thingie. Close them up then turkey baste all the old fluid out of the res, dump a whole can of AHC fluid (2.5qt) and undo the globes and put new ones in. That's pretty much it, took me an hour to do all 4.

After i put them in, i started the truck and cycled it up and down a few times, then i shut the truck off, put it in N and opened each bleeder valve at the corner, some air hissed out followed by bubbles followed by solid stream of fluid so i just tightened it up. Did that to 4 corners and the height control cylinder thing.

I bought the globes from Japan, with the 20% off coupon, me and my buddy ordered 2 separate orders for front and rear, in total i spent $840 shipped for 4 new OEM globes. It took 2 weeks to arrive though, and front and rear are different part numbers so becareful when ordering. The rears are bigger than the fronts.

Been wanting to do the roof rack delete ever since seeing @ikarus

But.. Have been using the factory rack more than ever. Mostly because I have 4 car seats and sometimes stuff just has to go on top.

This is as close as I'll get to an aftermarket roof rack - at least for the time being:

View attachment 1755700 View attachment 1755701

Was pleased with how easy it mounted up!

View attachment 1755709

Even cleared the rear spoiler!

View attachment 1755712

And after seeing what a few others on the forum recommended with their Gamaviti I decided to go with the 1/2 grid as well.

View attachment 1755713

Ha!
That's hilarious!

Oh man these are super easy to replace, esp if you have the right 36mm fan clutch wrench to undo the globes. Just put the truck in Low position, open the bleeder valve on all 4 globes and height sensor thingie. Close them up then turkey baste all the old fluid out of the res, dump a whole can of AHC fluid (2.5qt) and undo the globes and put new ones in. That's pretty much it, took me an hour to do all 4.

After i put them in, i started the truck and cycled it up and down a few times, then i shut the truck off, put it in N and opened each bleeder valve at the corner, some air hissed out followed by bubbles followed by solid stream of fluid so i just tightened it up. Did that to 4 corners and the height control cylinder thing.

I bought the globes from Japan, with the 20% off coupon, me and my buddy ordered 2 separate orders for front and rear, in total i spent $840 shipped for 4 new OEM globes. It took 2 weeks to arrive though, and front and rear are different part numbers so becareful when ordering. The rears are bigger than the fronts.
If anyone is looking for globes, I have all four still connected to the manifolds for each. Used but all four were in working order when I removed them. Not really sure what they are worth. I also have the reservoir, tank, pump, and KYB "thingy". PM me if you are interested.

I think @LandCruiserPhil was looking at some point for ahc related shiit... time gets away from me so it could've been a year or 3...

If anyone is looking for globes, I have all four still connected to the manifolds for each. Used but all four were in working order when I removed them. Not really sure what they are worth. I also have the reservoir, tank, pump, and KYB "thingy". PM me if you are interested.

Replaced the AC expansion valve by removing the evaporator. Did the "minor surgery" under glove box cut to get it out. As shown here:
AC repair
It was still a struggle getting it out. You have to flex that left side plastic pretty hard. I was wondering if it was going to break, but it didn't.

AC now blows ice cold. Symptoms were moderate cooling then nothing & then repeat. Similar to low Freon, but no leak.

Also replaced the PCV valve and grommet. The bottom of the PCV valve was gunked up. The grommet was cooked hard and difficult to remove, but it's done.

Started on the roof rack mock up. Just playing around with some cardboard and some shapes to close off the front and back rather than just cutting it at 90* or 45* once I have a design I'll transfer it onto some aluminum sheet material.

IMG_20180730_120448.jpg
IMG_20180730_120156.jpg

I'm a 1-2 banana guy at most....

Switched out interior lights to LEDS
Swapped out for new headlight bulbs
Removed the center console armrest cupholders and velcro taped in a holster rig.
Added some organization in the empty space next to CD changer.

IMG_5216.jpg

IMG_5218.jpg

Started on the roof rack mock up. Just playing around with some cardboard and some shapes to close off the front and back rather than just cutting it at 90* or 45* once I have a design I'll transfer it onto some aluminum sheet material.

View attachment 1755954 View attachment 1755955

Hoping you start a build thread for the rack like on tacoworld. Just read the whole thread, lots of great stuff in there.

I just scored 5 LT315/75R16 (E Rated) Goodyear Duratracs for $805 after mail-on rebates! Woohoo!

I know it doesn't have the drama of exploding heater ts, but I found the front Assist Your Butt Into the Seat Handles, or AYBISH (yes, that is the technical name) were loose. Amazingly, I managed to complete the repair in under an hour! A first for me!

In the BMW world these are known as the "Oh Sh*t" handles as that is what your passenger is yelling as they grab for them. I was a longtime BMW guy before converting to the Land Cruiser hence my screen name

Last edited:
In the BMW world these are known as the "Oh Sh*t" handles as that is what your passenger is yelling as they grab for them. I was a longtime BMW guy before converting to the Land Cruiser hence my screen name
In Texas, we call those Jeeeesus handles for the very same reason.....

Finally got my Dissent Offroad bumper on. Used U-Pol Raptor Black. Went on nicely. Now if I can only get @MetalTech4x4 to replace my UPS lost driver side slider.... Passenger side and hardware delivered June 2nd. Think I must be the redheaded stepchild as all others had great responses from them.

20180725_181654.jpg

Yep. People tend to grab the handle when I am accelerating and the SMG shifts nearly snap their necks. :rofl:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom