What do I have? 40 newb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Purchased a 40 out of the classifieds, made a deal a while back and finally was able to pick it up.

After blowing the roof off on the highway, stopping to get it, strapping it back down and getting the 160 miles home at 1am I own a 40..

It’s very complete. But I’m a newbie and only know what I’ve read so I’m far from fluent on these things.

What I do know is it’s a 1969, 4 speed swap, mini truck non vented discs. Front bench and jump seats were included in the purchase along with a box of various other things that I haven’t dug into yet. It has some some cool old school gear.

I believe it’s missing the front heater, the bezel is upside down, and has sill rust.

School me on the rest.

5AA4574E-55F1-495B-9DC4-CFBFC2EEA679.jpeg

65AA72A1-9E49-470B-B657-E388C973F85B.jpeg

1BC1FFC4-D50F-4C2C-91BC-5F9AD07B0143.jpeg

0238E419-9E70-4E93-83D2-8FA89C3DF6C3.jpeg

E64BE86D-9BB4-47FC-B544-BB7CC37C2822.jpeg

Too bad about your top. I know I posted in a thread about someone buying going to haul his new to him FJ40 home to WY. Final took the time to dig up this picture someone posted of me towing my FJ25. This was before I joined mud. In my early twenties had a job delivering construction materials on a stake bed truck. Not if that's why I always to be sure the load is secured. Should consider yourself lucky you seen it and retrieved the top. Story on here of those it just went MIA on the trip.

FJ25C.JPG

Holley carburetor and fuel line routed to the driver's fender with a pressure regulator with a gauge? Electric fuel pump somewhere.

It looks to have a Weber carb. I have never driven one in person that ran well but I know folks have made them work, mostly in the pre-internet days when there wasn’t much info or knowledge on the original carbs.

The “auxiliary fuse block” looks like an aftermarket wire harness to me. That could really change what’s makes sense to sort out vs just replace if you have wiring issues

I'm still shocked your top wasn't in worse shape after finding it on the side of the highway. To keep with the theme, I'd say you have weekend plans for the foreseeable future.

Nice looking 40, look forward to seeing what you do with it.

What is your plan for it? Why did you choose this particular one?

Rear fenders are cut...bummer....and some stock wheels and tall/skinny tires will clean it up quick

Plan- um.. well I have a 6.0 ls that needs a home. But also a line on a running compete stock engine. 33-10.5 on stocks steel with center caps. Baby lift, bench rear seat. If it gets the LS it’ll get a h55 split case combo,
Honestly a decent driver, not a full resto probably ever. Just something I can enjoy.

It was fair priced, it was “local”, it’s complete.

I’ve got stock steelies and brandy new 33” km3 already sitting for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom