What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (101 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trail riding in Ozark National Forest. Leaves were about at peak this week.

Nice photo's and cruisers, its easy to appreciate the Fall colors and weather enjoy :cheers:

Painted my front bumper. It really looked bad when I bought it so I ended up painting it black. I never cared for the black color and wanted a more original look so I tried the diplicolor graphite. That color had to much gold or brown to it so found some GM charcoal metallic and clear coated. I'm really happy with the color now.

FYI she is a 92, in very close to original condition. Planning on painting the roof or bed liner it. Interior is very good. Looking on doing a 2" lift soon. I really like my 33" duratracs.

image-823476727.jpg

image-2623276010.jpg

image-3265598427.jpg

Last weekend I was driving back to Grande Prairie from Colorado for work; bored in a hotel I got on Kijiji and found a 9k winch for 560$ so I took tractor & 65'-oil-field-equipment-trailer into Edmonton during rush hour to buy this winch

ForumRunner_20131102_184114.jpg

This weekend I had a set of sliding 3rd row windows installed in my HDJ81. Looking forward to having some ventalation while summer camping :sweating to the oldies:

ForumRunner_20131102_184114.jpg

when wheeling, my 40 lifts tires front and rear, left and right, all day long :grinpimp:

no matter how hard I tried today, the LX just wouldn't do it - so I managed to find another way of getting air under the tires :doh:

DSC02709.jpg

After years of procrastinating I finally did it. SLEE control arms and 6" lift... Check✔️

image-836600798.jpg

image-836600798.jpg

It's a sob to get those arms in!

R/R brake hoses and hard lines

It was time to replace the Slee extended brake hoses after the outer rubber linings were cracked and some of it was missing. Still, no leaks but didn't look so good. I think I installed them back in '05, so eight years of faithful service.

So, I had the local hose shop make me 2" longer hoses than the Slee lines. Ordered all new hard lines, these connect the extended lines to the soft hoses that go to the calipers. Also replaced the short hoses that go between the hard lines and the calipers.

Folks, just a word of advice here; if you're going to replace your oem lines with extended lines, I'd replace the hard lines AND the hoses that connect to the calipers. When you break open these almost 20 yr fittings to install your extended lines, it's a good idea to replace the lines on the other side of these fittings. Some of these fittings don't like coming apart and in doing so, do end up damaging the fine threads.

All four hard lines came to less than $40 and they're much better than making up your own lines with double inverted flares and bending them up, IMHO.

And while you're at it, for $4, order up an extra short hard line that almost always gets broken when the passenger side of the front sway bar rips loose (see pic of the short line). If your old one has good fittings, toss it in the spare box. Mine was buggered up so I opted to order a new line. My sway bar mounts have been reinforced so I don't think I'll be ripping those off anytime soon. Additionally, I tend to quick disconnect mine before any type of rock crawling type event takes place. Still, if someone else in my group cuts up their hard line, I'll have a spare for them so that we can ALL go home!

Anyway, just a FYI.

102_5287.jpg

IMG_20131017_163232_922.jpg

IMG_20131019_092346_297.jpg

Last edited:
The 8274 is mounted, powered and works! I still have to mount the fairlead and check the leveling and spool up my cable. It will power in and out but will not free spool. I am hoping it is the fact that all the bushings are new along with the couple coats of paint on the end of the drum make it a tight fit.

Holy shoehorning Batman, nice job :D I had to take a look at my ARB to see what all you had to cut in order to make this happen. Seems that your grill is totally intact, wow!

Now, I'm having some dirty thoughts....

Rebuilt my power steering pump....truck is now totally leak free...also replaced the washer valve and repainted my TOYOTA grille a nice wrinkle finish black...

Holy shoehorning Batman, nice job :D I had to take a look at my ARB to see what all you had to cut in order to make this happen. Seems that your grill is totally intact, wow! Now, I'm having some dirty thoughts....

It took several test fits and cuts. Two fat washers on each bolt and the housing has a few MMs clearance and the Blake is cleared.

It can shoot some more pics to you.

Will be spooling cable in a day or two.

It took several test fits and cuts. Two fat washers on each bolt and the housing has a few MMs clearance and the Blake is cleared.

It can shoot some more pics to you.

Will be spooling cable in a day or two.

Cool, send me pics please. Sent you an email with my info.

Upgraded my old foldable 27 watt solar panel with an 100 watt solar panel/film (.120 thick & 2.9lbs) and Xantrex 3 stage charge controller.
Man that's a good looking truck!

Ended up setting my timing per the FSM and also adjusted idle. Wow, what a PITA that 3FE timing window is. Finally used an inspection mirror and got it set. Seems to run much smoother with a little more pep!

Also added a iPod cable to my recently installed Scion T1809 and a pair of 4" Pioneers to the back doors. Next up is a 8" Bazooka Tube sub with a 200W Fosgate amp. The T1809 has pre-amp outputs on it, so I have all the equipment, just need more time...the most elusive of all resources!!

Replaced PHH, flushed the green out and put red in the radiator, CDL switch instal, then 7-pin mod. Whew! Fun times.

Spent 5 days at elk camp living off the top of the Cruiser near Nachez, WA. Good times!

ForumRunner_20131103_182859.jpg

ForumRunner_20131103_182926.jpg

ForumRunner_20131103_182941.jpg

ForumRunner_20131103_182859.jpg

ForumRunner_20131103_182926.jpg

ForumRunner_20131103_182941.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom