What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (51 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ahhh got my new aluminum raidiater at the house yester day , got home from work and put it in....seems to work well

Finally got my 315 GYDT spare mounted to an extra rim I had powder coated. I'm digging the grey...might be back at the pc'er :D

8052855579_5050cd46f1_b.jpg

Finally got my 315 GYDT spare mounted to an extra rim I had powder coated. I'm digging the grey...might be back at the pc'er :D

8052855579_5050cd46f1_b.jpg

Nice rims. The sticker on the rear hatch window really takes away from it though. You should scratch that ugly thing off and trash it :flipoff2:

Nice rims. The sticker on the rear hatch window really takes away from it though. You should scratch that ugly thing off and trash it :flipoff2:

Thanks. Would you prefer a pic of the Sedin sisters? :D

Go KINGS !!

Last edited:
Headed to Prairie City, Drewsy, Buelah Reservior, SE Oregon.
IMG_20121002_174544.jpg
IMG_20121002_170554.jpg

Ashtray cigerette lighter outlets usb

Modified a wallmart tripple outlet with usb and installed with the modified ashtray mounts.. best $8 upgrade yet! Took the thing apart, spray painted it black and used the angled braket mounts that I cut off the ashtray assy. Wired it to the existing outlet for now as it is switched and I only had an hour.

IMG_20121004_204841.jpg

IMG_20121004_204847.jpg

IMG_20121004_204927.jpg
IMG_20121004_204841.jpg
IMG_20121004_204847.jpg
IMG_20121004_204927.jpg

Headed up the trail with Rwclx450. Girlfriend had a good time. Didn't run the steps this time. Rear sway bar has been working good for diff protection.
IMG_3516.jpg
IMG_3512pnt.jpg
IMG_3641.jpg

Last edited:
20120929_190313.jpg

And the D light is still going strong.

Also bought the 80 a big sister....2003 LX 470 on its way!!
20120929_190313.jpg

Last edited:
Oops...after climbing a sick stair step wall, on the return trail back to the play ground, the spotter tried to direct me out of a small rut after I was already commited into it and the front left tire bound up and bent the drag link all the way up to the oil pan. Best 'right turn' I could make was make the wheels straight ahead. A little light trail maintenance, took it off, wedged it into the frame of a cab truck and took the weight of 4 men to bend it back semi straight, but good enough to get me off the trail. Slee HD drag link being delivered today. :beer: & :cheers: to my trail side 'pit crew'.
Drag Link_small.jpg

Tried a can of Seafoam with a full tank of gas then did about 40 miles of highway driving at around 65MPH. CEL went off, but that happens whenever I drive on the freeway (when I drive around town, the CEL comes on. I think this is due to a partially clogged EGR port; both O2 sensors and the EGR valve have been replaced). Idle did get a bit smoother - it's been a little lumpy/rough lately, however, this was a pretty short test. We'll see if/how the vehicle improves over the course of this tank.

half k cruiser,
I am doing a complete AC system overhaul. New compressor, condenser, Drier, expansion valve, clean Evap. Thought this would take care of everything. Nope, Found AC Drier beads stuck in expansion valve. Traced beads all the way back to the drier. Now I am trying to figure out how the hell to replace the liquid line across the firewall. I have the valve cover off as I am doing a valve cover gasket at the same time but damn.... How did you install your new liquid line? Can you bend it quite a bit while installing it without damaging it? Did you have to remove the brake booster? I have a 97' not sure what year yours is? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Either way I am sure this job is going to be really fun....

Changed the belts out and cleaned the engine compartment with a brush and some simple green!

Changed oil and used small toyota oil filter, no more timing chain slap when the motor is cold !

finding those really deserted bits of land up the previously-too-bumpy-to-drive tracks

pulled running boards off - pics before

photo-27.jpg

and after

photo-25.jpg

also got all 3 diff locks working again (from none 2 weeks ago on purchase) I basically just refused to take no for an answer and worked the Hi / Lo shift 20 or 30 times every day (engine off) and after day 3 the ABS & CDL light appeared.

so then on loose ground I drove it round and round around in low, and now of course the front & rears were flashing but not engaging, but after about an hour and half (over 3 days) engaging and disengaging, first the front started working, and then finally the rear. they were a bit sticky, but Ive been using them every day since and they're almost cured :)

the only thing that I would say isnt working *perfectly* is the CDL is a bit slow to release on shifting back to High again and sticks on for 20 or 30 metres sometimes. otherwise, just usage, revived all 3 DLs from the dead in just over a week.

utterly amazing cars.

photo-26.jpg
[/IMG]

Tried a can of Seafoam with a full tank of gas then did about 40 miles of highway driving at around 65MPH. CEL went off, but that happens whenever I drive on the freeway (when I drive around town, the CEL comes on. I think this is due to a partially clogged EGR port; both O2 sensors and the EGR valve have been replaced). Idle did get a bit smoother - it's been a little lumpy/rough lately, however, this was a pretty short test. We'll see if/how the vehicle improves over the course of this tank.

I have the exact same problem. CEL when driving around town, goes off on the freeway. Did the paperclip trick to get the code and its the EGR but it sounds like pinpointing the problem can take a while. Let me know if you find anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom