What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (189 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@kelly saad, we need to start this 1FZ engine SOON!!!! Love the color.
I haven't touched it since you and I dropped the engine in, as you figured I'm sure. Probably be next year before we start it. :meh:

Was putting my ‘92 back together after a deserved full paint job. Clear coat was starting to fail after 32 years. I made new door cards and upholstered them while the 80 was at the paint shop. All that’s left is repainting the front bumper, reinstalling the winch, and putting the Safari rack back on.

View attachment 3598570

View attachment 3598571

View attachment 3598575

View attachment 3598576

View attachment 3598577
Did you leave the windshield and hatch glass in?

I haven't touched it since you and I dropped the engine in, as you figured I'm sure. Probably be next year before we start it. :meh:
Next time im there, probably next month we are starting it.

New metal seat gears on both sides 👌🏻. Both seats function as they should now.
IMG_5116.jpeg

IMG_5115.jpeg

Yes I did. I didn’t want to deal with Rivet Nuts at this time. Maybe when I put on a lift.
No need for the rivnuts. My landtank link crashed up into my frame when the stock bracket bent the first time wheeling. So I installed the LCP brackets and links and they bolt up to the factory mounting holes in the frame.

Installed the new front diff with Yukon 4.88 and arb locker. Slee extended stainless steel lines, new oem calipers and rubber brake lines. Rear diff hopefully this weekend.
View attachment 3601883
View attachment 3601884
View attachment 3601885
View attachment 3601886
View attachment 3601887
View attachment 3601889
View attachment 3601888
View attachment 3601890

How did the slee extended lines fit. I’ve seen a lot of people reporting issues getting them connected back to the frame because the fittings are different. But these were all Crown lines. Not sure if the slee lines are the same.

No issues really, the only thing that took a minute was getting the passenger side axle fitting to start threading onto the little hard line but once it got started it threaded on like everything else. The slee supplied brackets are needed because the fitting is slightly thicker so if you try to re use the oem line bracket holder thing it is too lose.

Did you leave the windshield and hatch glass in?
Yes, the paint shop has a method of getting the paint slightly under the rubber on those parts and did not remove them. It seems they’re prone to break pretty easily. You can’t tell the glass wasn’t removed so I’m happy with it.

Two mornings and two evenings today.

Didnt get any pics, but was a busy and productive weekend. Got my rear upper and lower adjustable arms finished up and put in. Did the @eimkeith track bar brackets, and redid the drivers side brake line to tuck in better with the new bracket. Also these showed up…. :cool:

IMG_5564.jpeg

Last edited:
Installed some new-to-me door cards all around. New window regulators/motors from Cruiser Outfitters, added some sound deadening to the inside of the doors, new vapor barriers, new window seals along the inside of the door panels, and some One Stone armrests. Also added an Alpine Apple CarPlay compatible radio with a 45x4 piggyback amp, and a little powered subwoofer. Slowly knocking the ugly off the old 80!

IMG_5260.jpeg

IMG_5266.jpeg

IMG_5254.jpeg

IMG_5238.jpeg

Installed some new-to-me door cards all around. New window regulators/motors from Cruiser Outfitters, added some sound deadening to the inside of the doors, new vapor barriers, new window seals along the inside of the door panels, and some One Stone armrests. Also added an Alpine Apple CarPlay compatible radio with a 45x4 piggyback amp, and a little powered subwoofer. Slowly knocking the ugly off the old 80!

View attachment 3602570

View attachment 3602571

View attachment 3602572

View attachment 3602573
Was the OneStone a pretty straightforward install?

IMG_1595.jpeg

Wow just found out that my ‘ol girl has had a history….but would have never noticed (inside or out) until I considered letting her go. How I actually acquired it is a bit of a story in itself. But seems she’s been poured out.
Ran her over 700 miles this weekend with over 60 miles of backcountry roads and she didn’t miss a beat. After 5 years of ownership I find it funny how this new information seems refreshing to me. I see a 4” lift in the foreseeable future and a whole lot more getting out there.

IMG_1606.jpeg

IMG_1590.jpeg

Was the OneStone a pretty straightforward install?
Yeah, not bad. Just redrill the one stone backing plate to move it out 13mm. They're made for a 70 series so they aren't a perfect fit but they're pretty close. I'll need to use some 3M tape once I figure out where they'll be positioned fore/aft. Right now I'm still fine tuning that part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom