What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (71 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, yesterday, so not quite 'weekend', but it was to repair weekend damage :)

While camping an aggressive Joshua Tree attacked the snorkel head - or shall we admit going too fast down a track :)

View attachment 3494351

Looked and found lots of 'expensive' metal alternatives etc, but part of me says it's good to have a weak link that is easy to replace.

Searched the web and the infinite number of monkeys had a solution - 3d model that just needed 3d printing. There's actually lots out there, but I went for a reasonably simple shape. 3D printed in petg.

View attachment 3494352

Installed, maybe it'll attract bees :)

View attachment 3494350

cheers,
george.
Home built, no plastic, keeps the mesquite leaves out of the air box. Cheers
IMG_9732[1].JPG

Last edited:
I did not. I knew I did not have the patience or time to rewrap my wheel. My 80 is my daily. I bought this one off Ebay. 20 min swap.

But hey if you want a new (old) steering wheel to play around with you can have mine!
It’s not a bad job just take a minute, I did mine. You are correct makes the truck so much nicer inside. Gonna do my other 80 here this winter, it looks like yours.

Why did they grind the Toyota name off?
Aisin is the OEM manufacturer for a lot of Toyota parts, @beno(enlighten us) I have been told that they produce parts for them selves and Toyota, and it’s easier to grind the name than to retool machines. Have also been told these parts didn’t make Toyota quality control and then they get sold by Aisin. Not sure

Aisin is the OEM manufacturer for a lot of Toyota parts, @beno(enlighten us) I have been told that they produce parts for them selves and Toyota, and it’s easier to grind the name than to retool machines. Have also been told these parts didn’t make Toyota quality control and then they get sold by Aisin. Not sure

I figured the latter, but was just curious.

Pulled the trans pan to raise the line pressure. I've done this on my SC400 and loved the results. Not as big of a difference as the SC but still noticeable.
IMG_6581.jpeg

While waiting for the FIPG to dry I replaced the charcoal canister with the duralast VC120. For those who have done the same- did y'all cap the bottom vent tube that the factory canister used? Don't want to leave it open to collect debris in case I ever go back to OEM. Noticed it routes into the frame next to the diff breather.
IMG_6587.jpeg

While waiting for the FIPG to dry I replaced the charcoal canister with the duralast VC120. For those who have done the same- did y'all cap the bottom vent tube that the factory canister used? Don't want to leave it open to collect debris in case I ever go back to OEM. Noticed it routes into the frame next to the diff breather.
I removed mine, bracket and all. Sitting in a parts box if I ever need to put it back on for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom