What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (80 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I changed my oil and rotated tires. Performed a pretty thorough inspection. Found two bad ujoints, a leaking PS pump, leaking steering gearbox, and more rust..

Snapped a few pictures of the light output on my retrofits. Morimoto ds2 minis.
IMG_20231023_213924_639.jpg

Low beams
IMG_20231117_201457_382.jpg

High beams
IMG_20231117_201515_303.jpg

Very happy with the result.

Pretty wet here today so I installed a vac hose to my new booster and cleaned up the battery box, new fusible link and some Slee battery accessories.

IMG_2268.jpeg

IMG_2269.jpeg

IMG_2270.jpeg

Picked up a second hand Front Runner slimline roof rack yesterday, then did a lot of electrical/electrical prep work today. Wired in my midland GMRS, got the auxbeam fuse box prepped for future lights and other accessories, and ran power cables to the trunk cubby for hard mounting my air compressor and other camping accessories.
IMG_6863.jpeg

Installed a factory original grab bar on the dash...my son was with me at Fall Crawl and commented that there was nothing solid to hold onto with his left hand on harder wheeling obstacles. Honestly, I didn't know about these before and was going to fab something to attach to the tunnel and center console for the passenger, but a local club member mentioned the OEM part and I had to have one. Like many other cruiser things, the structure is already there behind the dash, just needed to locate and carefully mark the holes and all good...about a 30 minute project taking time not to ruin a perfectly good dash. o_O

I did find 2 of these, but not many more out there...I have a spare now that I'd sell if anyone is interested. My spare is not as cosmetically nice as this one, but could easily be wrapped or taped to look decent.

Installed a factory original grab bar on the dash...my son was with me at Fall Crawl and commented that there was nothing solid to hold onto with his left hand on harder wheeling obstacles. Honestly, I didn't know about these before and was going to fab something to attach to the tunnel and center console for the passenger, but a local club member mentioned the OEM part and I had to have one. Like many other cruiser things, the structure is already there behind the dash, just needed to locate and carefully mark the holes and all good...about a 30 minute project taking time not to ruin a perfectly good dash. o_O

I did find 2 of these, but not many more out there...I have a spare now that I'd sell if anyone is interested. My spare is not as cosmetically nice as this one, but could easily be wrapped or taped to look decent.

What's the Part Number on this?

This weekend I spent bringing better power distribution to the center console. Running a new to me under seat 8" sub, my CB radio, alpine amp for door speakers and a small 200w inverter. I mounted the inverter where the CD changer used to be lol. Yes, I did vacuum up all that dog hair before putting everything back together.
emsmilep.gif

For the fuze block I'm running the HOT through a relay that is ignition controlled while the inverter is direct and can be flipped on with the vehicle off. System is wired directly to the battery through a 50A breaker on 6 guage wiring. I have a run of the same going to the rear of the truck (currently disconnected but can hook up at that 2 post bus at the center console. Most of my time was spent undoing some hacky wiring I did in the past and a lot of shrink wrapping.

Wonder if there is something out there as a blank plate to cut out for the inverter so its not so open like that?

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

Wonder if there is something out there as a blank plate to cut out for the inverter so its not so open like that?

Best use of the CD changer! I used a sheet of ABS and cut to fit. My inverter looks very similar to yours, so if you shift it further to the side there is plenty of room for a 12v receptacle too.

Reactions: b16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom