What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (131 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Absolutely massive mod this weekend, coin holder delete on the center console. The job was relatively easy, only needed an angle grinder, some grease and a hammer. 4 hours tops.

gqw1yLC.jpg

After that, changed out the fuel hoses to the IP. Old ones were starting to crack. Oil change with Rotella 15W-40 and OEM filter.

lzijpna.jpg

then just took it on some random errands. Got 18 mpg.

mqRPPwb.jpg

A5yX2Or.jpg

glorious weather this weekend in the Cherokee National Forest. Wife and kiddos are starting to get the hang and we becoming a well oiled machine.
Nice where in Cherokee did you camp?

Not really all this weekend but completed the jobs this weekend. Full knuckle rebuild and Cruiser Outfitter part time kit install. Also installed my IPOR transmission mount/skid plate.

I'm also playing around with a very cheap ($35) mod for the useless factory clock. It's an OBDII display/reader that I took apart to use the screen and PCB. The tape is there only for proof of concept. lol

I will permanently mount this screen and will extend the ribbon cable in order to relocate the controls and PCB. I plan on keeping Torque Pro, but this will give me some basic info for everyday driving. (coolant temps, battery voltage)

Screen 1.jpg

Screen 2.jpg

Screen 3.jpg

Screen 4.jpg

Replaced some door weather seals today…also did the under-hood runner strips too…
Has made a significant difference noise wise

Bryan where you find these lights in the USA? I can only find them for sale on Aussie or Canadian websites.
DHL got them to my house in under a week from Australia.

knocked a couple things off my list that have been on there for a couple years

1. tightened up a rattling drivers window. forgot to take a pic, but there's a bolt in the middle of the door which holds part of the regulator. loosened it and slid the bolt/bracket down in the slotted bolt channel. this tilted the entire window towards the B-pillar enough so the window now runs in the track the whole way.

while i was in there, i noticed the master window switch was replaced at some point with a Switch Doctor unit. was hoping to accomplish the auto-up mod but don't think this board supports that?

PXL_20231007_201442822.jpg
PXL_20231007_201457248.jpg

2. finally figured out why the passenger mirror won't adjust via the electric switch. it was unplugged in the door. and the mirror used to be Red. plugged it back in and found up/down and left/right were reversed. found that if i swapped the Black and Brown wires at the motor itself, the problem was solved. on my truck at least, the drivers and passenger side wiring are mirror images....no pun intended

PXL_20231008_144638905.jpg

a positive side effect of having both door panels off is i replaced all the clips with new ones. both doors were missing a few so added some as well. good as new! that big bag of new clips sure is handy whenever i have a panel off

Might know where a non cracked dash pad is?!
Hey brother when you find A new – let me know.
I sold a brand new one in a box with a truck. That was dumb!
Anyway I guess I will rock the VJ dash for a bit.
I’d rather do the crack dash than those flimsy covers.
I like my old truck to be dialed but still feel a bit old do you know what I mean?
Like a little bit of Mr. Zogs coconut sex wax and diesel fumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom