What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (80 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Most prefer white truck I like black.
Replacement for black truck.View attachment 3408886
Well, 3 HP does seem like more some days.

Good luck on your replacement of the black truck. It may cost you a bit more in hay and water.

Oh, and they appear to be brown, not white.

Well, 3 HP does seem like more some days.

Good luck on your replacement of the black truck. It may cost you a bit more in hay and water.

Oh, and they appear to be brown, not white.
Ha it does FTE 5spd A750. once it chucks wobbly 6spd or H152 in the future.
I’ve tried and it’s good so I will stay on course!
it would be nice to overtake traffic in an 80 without having to gag it.

This is what my buddy @steezy (all-around good dude, rad dad, and FT Warranty team member) says; we were discussing Bowfin and different types of racks.
CD958BBD-7FDD-4965-A67E-A76261941E01.jpeg

Last edited:
Ha it does FTE 5spd A750. once it chucks wobbly 6spd or H152 in the future.
I’ve tried and it’s good so I will stay on course!
it would be nice to overtake traffic in an 80 without having to gag it.

This is what my buddy @steezy (all-around good dude, rad dad, and FT Warranty team member) says; we were discussing Bowfin and different types of racks.
View attachment 3408980
Hi @Rouleur
Thanks for posting. Could you please delete the picture of my wife, my daily driver, and the wheels you gave me for said daily driver off of this board?

Finally decided to take the homemade center console out of my 97, along with the cloth shifter surround with side pockets.

My contact found me an OEM shifter surround along with cold box center console in Saudi Arabia. Unfortunately, they are gray and will be getting professionally painted to match my interior.

Everytime I think I'm seeing a stain in the carpet, it ends up being sand. What do they say about Sands of Time?

KIMG0126.JPG

Shift Happens

1 3 5
|--|--|
2 4 R

Last edited:
Looks great, mine recently broke and have a replacement handy. Any tips on getting alignment perfect?
I removed the backing from the adhesive, and held the two corners of the longest point pinching it. I placed the bottom of the nameplate perpendicular to the liftgate and eyeballed for center. Then I flipped the nameplate up so that it mad contact with the liftgate and pressed it down along its length. That adhesive is no joke, so be careful.

Finally decided to take the homemade center console out of my 97, along with the cloth shifter surround with side pockets.

My contact found me an OEM shifter surround along with cold box center console in Saudi Arabia. Unfortunately, they are gray and will be getting professionally painted to match my interior.

Everytime I think I'm seeing a stain in the carpet, it ends up being sand. What do they say about Sands of Time?

View attachment 3409656

Shift Happens

1 3 5
|--|--|
2 4 R
Looks great!

I've decided that when the time comes for my transmission to go, I'll swap a 5 speed in.
It's roughly the same cost (versus rebuilding) from what I've found. Plus, I'd prefer a manual on trails and for security reasons ;)

Day trip to Walker Valley ORV

PXL_20230819_225707692.jpg

Jeep behind me wasn't quite as flexy and nearly flopped it dropping off the obstacle.
PXL_20230819_230109242.jpg

Turns out if you're sitting on your front diff, rear diff and center skid at the same time no amount of throttle or gearing will get you out.
PXL_20230819_210804013.jpg
PXL_20230819_210817796.jpg

Only minor carnage. Somehow managed to blow the O2 sensor out.
PXL_20230819_175243569.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom