What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

100% epic trip to a lake in the Tahoe National Forest. Canoe’d to and camped on a tiny island by ourselves. Some wild weather, sun and epic memories.

Getting tired of lots of play in the steering wheel though!
IMG_8104.jpeg
IMG_7939.jpeg
IMG_8079.jpeg
IMG_8017.jpeg

🥱 we had epic rain last night with tons of flooding and closed roads. We were told to work from home, so no boba for me. I went to Starbucks and splashed in the puddle. Then drove it to my new house and parked it to look for erosion on the site.

Still need to get it smogged

IMG_20230821_100825483.jpg

IMG_20230821_083237525.jpg

I've got a spare T-case from a 97 w/ under 200k on it which is what I'm planning on putting the part-time kit in. Probably just freshen up seals and call it good. Thought about doing a full rebuild but figured using the spare and keeping my old one I'd be fine for a while.
Sounds like a solid plan, the cases r pretty stout IMO, take a lot of abuse

Love that lake, how are the water levels at Bowman?
Both within a couple feet of high water marks. It’s really amazing. All the Nor Cal lakes I’ve visited this summer have been like that.

I really don't know? I'm the fourth owner.
Googling reveals Valley Industires is aftermarket. Most stickers are black now so I’m guessing white stickers are from back in the day. Factory hitch looks slightly different, mostly in the safety chain hook area. Factory hitch is part number 00214-60930.

Got the new addition titled and registered. Temporary tag for now, as I ordered a Black with White letters tag that they reintroduced in Colorado. Will go well with the black paint.
I want that one! After seeing several of the black and whites, I'm not into the green anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom