What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (82 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There was discussion in the thread below about doing a 1A Diode in place of the 7.5A fuse for the alternator to increase the ability of your factory alternator.

1A Diode

I just ran a 2 gauge wire from the positive side of the starting battery to the alternator. I checked voltage with the LC running. The starting battery was just over 14 volts, the house battery was 12.7 with out the Blue Sea ML-ACR on, with the ML-ACR on it was over 13 volts. So for now I will go with this as I am happy with the results and the LC idles smoother as well.

Broke out the purple stuff.

20230805_102814.jpg

20230805_111124.jpg

I didn't need it to be showroom perfect but I also didn't want all that dust and schmoo affecting heat dissipation. I love how easy these engine bays are to clean.

Got off my ars and modified my blue hub fan clutch, it was 100 in the garage so no need to heat the separated clutch to set the opening. Filled with 15K because I had it on the shelf. Took her for a long afternoon drive and never went higher than 188 on the scan gauge with full AC in a balmy 105. I’ve seen 198 in similar weather this summer, it’s usually when hitting traffic after running 70-75 on the freeway. For an hour of effort this is one of those “what are you waiting for mods”.

Last edited:
Dropped the sunroof as she’s getting ready to head to the PDR shop.

Found more rust around the sunroof. 🫠

IMG_7378.jpeg

IMG_7380.jpeg

IMG_7381.jpeg

Went to the beach in Oregon.

Pulled out a Tahoe. Then a super duty
Found a stuck 4runner. When they told they were stuck because they couldn't figure out how to turn on the 4wd I left them sitting there. They can pay a tow truck for that level of dumb
Gearhart?

Ahhhh the 80 series. The gift that keeps on giving.

IMG_7382.jpeg

IMG_7383.jpeg

That beach access has always got someone stuck it seems like even though it’s pretty mild.
I used to entertain myself by going down to the beach when we lived in Gearhart and rescue people stuck on access ramps or on the beach. At times, the access roads get so chewed up that there’s no way you’re getting through them without 4x4, and fools still try in cars and vans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom