What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked up this little addition for a good deal

View attachment 3338758

The compass won't work without the external magnetic field sensor that was fitted toward the back end of the roof. The sensor is a PITA to install (needs non-magnetic bracketry fabricated) and it doesn't work very well when you are finished.

The compass won't work without the external magnetic field sensor that was fitted toward the back end of the roof. The sensor is a PITA to install (needs non-magnetic bracketry fabricated) and it doesn't work very well when you are finished.

that seems to be a no no .. ( don't waste your time on it )

New head gasket.. followed by a failed 1 year old radiator the next day. Hopefully one day I'll be able to trust this thing :hillbilly:

IMG_6887.jpg

It’s more of a novelty for me TBH I’ll end up installing a gentex with a compass later

It’s more of a novelty for me TBH I’ll end up installing a gentex with a compass later

The altimeter is self-contained and it will work. I added one of those upper consoles to mine about 20 years ago. A couple years ago I acquired a meter with a subtank gauge instead of the compass and I switched it out since I have the tank.

The altimeter is self-contained and it will work. I added one of those upper consoles to mine about 20 years ago. A couple years ago I acquired a meter with a subtank gauge instead of the compass and I switched it out since I have the tank.
Personally for me the altimeter would be more useful than the compass. A compass should go in the pack.

@Marco Lau

are you missing a hose for the overflow dump bottle? might prevent coolant from spaying all over your battery and such...

Yeah lol haven’t had any issues yet but I need to throw one on. Thanks for noticing

I think I'm officially part of the gang now? I replaced all the curved heater hoses, heater valve, rear heater delete and PHH bypass. Took me 4+ hours to get the PHH out.. Was pretty nervous of damaging the knock sensor.

When working on the heater valve, I noticed the factory heat wrap around the wiring harness near the EGR pipe was brittle, but in tact. It's likely I'm the first person to touch this part of the engine bay since 93. Decided to remove the factory heat shield wrap, blow off the debris with some compressed air, added 3M Super 33 electrical tape as a base layer, then wrapped the whole harness with aluminum heat shield tape from NAPA autoparts.

The wires themselves did not look burnt and the insulation was still flexible. This cruiser is pretty low miles at 165K. Hopefully this will prevent any future issues with this part of the harness getting cooked.

Only problem I saw was the grey connector (in the second picture) was melted because it was directly laying on the EGR pipe. I have no idea what this is yet. About to dig in the FSM. Don't have a CEL or any EGR issues currently.
IMG-8904.JPG
IMG-8907.JPG
IMG-8909.JPG

Hi guys, put on some kong bump stops fro the rear since I had some really bad rubbing while bussing 7 people on the trails at Jambo a few weeks back.
20230604_172856.jpg

Now I néed some for the front since at full articulation, I was unable to turn the steering wheel. Does anyone know the bolt size for the front bump stop bushing on the spring purch? M8 m10?
Thanks!

Hi guys, put on some kong bump stops fro the rear since I had some really bad rubbing while bussing 7 people on the trails at Jambo a few weeks back.
View attachment 3341101

Now I néed some for the front since at full articulation, I was unable to turn the steering wheel. Does anyone know the bolt size for the front bump stop bushing on the spring purch? M8 m10?
Thanks!
How do you like those things man. They look great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom