What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I rolled all 2's
:cool:;)👍

Excuse the dirty plastic.

22C5E54E-B5E0-4DC0-AA53-C069F9CEF604.jpeg

Last edited:
This looks great! So cutting the supports out, is it still strong enough to use as tailgate and support weight of 1-2 people?
I would say definitely one, but could be reinforced a bit more pretty easily if needed. That said, my OG tailgate was a bit bent from someone else standing on it at some time in the past.

Stripped the woodgrain off the center console, took hours to clean all the adhesive goo off there. Sanded and painted… plus some bh3d goodies added…

View attachment 3242659
I picked up the double cup holder from BH3D also...I love it. I was on the fence about the center console one but I'm ordering it and the cell phone mount (and cb handle mount) tomorrow.

Last edited:
Took the 80 up to the permit-only Ka'ena Point Tracking Station access road to hike the Kuaokala Trail with the pups.

Although there is an advanced offroad track up at the top, we'll stay in the hiking parking lot until I upgrade the suspension/tires/brakes. Even still, we were still able to get a good look at what to expect in the near future! This picture was taken following our hike after exiting the access road. Ka'ena Point is in the background.
View attachment 3240700

The drive down from the tracking station.
View attachment 3240701

View from Kuaokala Ridge. You can see the access road gate entrance (where I took the first picture in the post) down by the shore.
View attachment 3240702

Looks like Yokohama Beach. (yeah, I know that's not the proper name) Love that place. Some days it's like having your own private beach. My wife and I go to Hawaii almost every year. I think we'll be there in August this year.

Installed my HuricanFab tailgate storage lid...love it! I know that it's best to keep recovery gear close at hand when on the trial, but nice to have on board and not in the way for general storage. I was going to keep the center supports, but the instructions say to cut them out...plenty strong without the supports and a very well built kit down to the latches and laser cut template and carpet kit. Worth every penny in my opinion since I don't have a lot of extra time for custom fab work, but appreciate high quality custom made items.

Did Mine a year ago! What a great Improvement, however with all my gear it made the tailgate Heavy! I suggest ordering @Outsane Solve Function tailgate ram assist! It will save your legs and arms as it drops the gate slowly! for the price it is worth it!

Pulling o2 sensors on my 94 turned into this. I have a 97 down pipe with a cat I am gonna use and move one of the o2 sensors to the exhaust manifold. Have a shop weld me up a pipe after the cat to the muffler and be done.

View attachment 3243146

View attachment 3243147
You need to move BOTH O2 sensors to the manifold. There are two banks. One for Cyl 1, 2, 3 and one for 4, 5, 6. One in each manifold.

You need to move BOTH O2 sensors to the manifold. There are two banks. One for Cyl 1, 2, 3 and one for 4, 5, 6. One in each manifold.

And they need to be plugged in to the correct wiring for each bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom