What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (37 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Merry Turkey Day to all. We're spending the weekend on the N California coast. Perfect weather, good family time, quality food and drink. Much to be thankful about this year.

IMG_1783.jpeg

Happy Thanksgiving. No pictures of the stuff I worked on today with the Cruiser.

But I replaced the intake hose, the OEM one was shorter then the one I had in there. The previous one might have been a knock off but had similar markings.

Then I replaced the O2 sensors on the 80, it idles a lot better now. The old O2 senors were reading at 12.9-13.5 ohms the FSM calls for 5-6.5 ohms. Prior to installing the new ones I checked the ohms and they measured out at 5.9 ohms.

Last edited:
download (2).jpeg

Oh, nah. It's an import and was rust free. And I live where s*** doesn't rust

Things rust around here for sure, depending on where you are driving. This is what my Land Cruiser looks like after 10+ years of going to Snoqualmie Pass every weekend during ski season. It's not horrible but but definitely not rust free. I cleaned it up last summer to try to stop/slow the rust. Washington started salting the roads probably 10 years ago.

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

Things rust around here for sure, depending on where you are driving. This is what my Land Cruiser looks like after 10+ years of going to Snoqualmie Pass every weekend during ski season. It's not horrible but but definitely not rust free. I cleaned it up last summer to try to stop/slow the rust. Washington started salting the roads probably 10 years ago.

View attachment 3177326

View attachment 3177327

Rinsing that off would help...

I've lived in western Washington for 21 years.
Easter Washington for the other 21.

None of my cars are even close to that much rust except my 66 that I pulled from a field.

If I drive in the snow here i wash my car when I get home.

But the salt and such here is nothing like the Midwest or north east

Last edited:
Rinsing that off would help...

I've lived in western Washington for 21 years.
Easter Washington for the other 21.

None of my cars are even close to that much rust except my 66 that I pulled from a field.

If I drive in the snow here inwash my car when I get home.

But the salt and such here is nothing like the Midwest or north east

Yeah, I'm not really great at taking care of the cars. Not much chance of me getting out there every week to rinse it off. It was a bit of a surprise that it was as rusty as it is. I knew there was some rust but didn't realize it was that bad. I hit it with a wire wheel and used some of the Rustoleum rust reformer. Last year I did a half-ass job with some Woolwax and still need to spray it this year.

Yeah, I'm not really great at taking care of the cars. Not much chance of me getting out there every week to rinse it off. It was a bit of a surprise that it was as rusty as it is. I knew there was some rust but didn't realize it was that bad. I hit it with a wire wheel and used some of the Rustoleum rust reformer. Last year I did a half-ass job with some Woolwax and still need to spray it this year.

My dd is a throw away. But I do what I can with the rest.

Found this deformation in the cross beam in the front oc chasis when i was cleaning the car. Not sure what to do with that, any thoughts?

IMG-20221119-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20221119-WA0020.jpg

I’d leave that and not give it another thought. Looks like possibly from a chain down while on a ride from a wrecker.

If the OCD won’t allow it a 3-5 lb sledge should be able to flatten out a bit.

Almost filled it up with gas but it stopped.

BCDC1153-67AA-4A78-BAE0-376F7A576AD3.jpeg

Good news.

So after swapping out the O2 sensors on the LC I took it to get emission tested and she passed.

While we were waiting the proctor installed the sniffer and a short time later (5 min) removed it. It was a little unnerving not knowing why he removed it so quickly. After paying the fee he gave me the sheet and all I could see and wanted to see was the "PASS".

Registration is paid and she is legit again.

Congrats! I swear, emissions testing is the most suspenseful and tense of life's mundane activities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom