What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (67 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed a bunch of parts in a marathon on Saturday before making it out to the Naches trail and Funny Rocks on Sunday. Spent 15 hours driving, which is more than I planned ... but that always seems to be the way days turn out when I wheel trails I haven't run before. Truck handled everything I threw at it really well.

PXL_20220925_191243527.jpg

PXL_20220926_011311859.jpg

PXL_20220926_015904524.jpg

Hey there. What size tires and lift you running? Those 315’s?
2” Heavy/heavy Ome lift. Without anything heavy in the truck. Is more like 3”. I figure when I add the winch bumper and tire carrier it will settle out a bit.

Yep, 315’s, stock gears. Drives fine. I don’t off road much so ok so far.

How hard is it? It also looks a bit like fluorite.

I don't know. I don't have a hardness tester and they are so small I don't think I could test them.

According to my geology book the banded rhyolite I was busting open would have bixbite, topaz, and quarts/amethyst.

Not sure fluorite crystals would be found inside rhyolite.

my diesel tanks always sucked a lot of air in when I loosened the fuel cap, I did pull the cap apart a few yrs ago and all seemed ok. Finally found a breather line from the tanks with an inline 1 way valve thingy, replaced said thingy with a in line fuel filter. Hopefully sorted that out

anyone have any tips for removing the plug from the back of the alternator, mine does not want to move, and I am trying to avoid mangling the wiring / connector

Escaped Hurricane Ian and headed to the mountains

1803B7A4-16C0-4208-BA0F-6683D58556D2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom