What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a set I removed for gull wings. Where are you located?
Sacramento. Are they tinted? Mine has the "privacy glass" or whatever it's called.

Sacramento. Are they tinted? Mine has the "privacy glass" or whatever it's called.
I also have gull wings ready to go on. NV would be closer tho. Glass not pulled off yet but would have the seals and from a 97 CE. Keep in mind if a simpler more timely route falls thru.

Huge shout out to Land Cruiser Northwest in Portland OR. After I serviced the rear axle I decided to let them do the front. It's 60 miles away but it's the only shop I'll let work on my rig.

20220810_153452.jpg

20220810_153446.jpg

They are tinted, I don't know if it is privacy, but they are dark. These are complete, seals, frame, glass the whole monty. I'm in Sparks if you're interested.
Thanks for the offer! I think I’ve sourced one locally.

New knuckle (don't ask), new calliper as well

Massive rainstorm in the middle of it all
We have to ask !!! Now I wount be able to rest till I know 🙄🙄

Bolt in the wrong hole. Started screwing the cap bolt in instead of the calliper bolt. I was aware of the issue and had a system in place when doing my axle rebuild, but was rushing and f*cked it up. Thought I'd got away with it, torqued up okay with the correct bolt. But a few months later when doing brake work tried to reinstall calliper bolt and it threaded out

Helicoil would have been cheaper, but I'd never trust it in that application, and I found a new knuckle on Partsouq for a lot less than expected

Bolt in the wrong hole. Started screwing the cap bolt in instead of the calliper bolt. I was aware of the issue and had a system in place when doing my axle rebuild, but was rushing and f*cked it up. Thought I'd got away with it, torqued up okay with the correct bolt. But a few months later when doing brake work tried to reinstall calliper bolt and it threaded out

Helicoil would have been cheaper, but I'd never trust it in that application, and I found a new knuckle on Partsouq for a lot less than expected
I had to helicoil one of mine when I stripped a caliper bolt hole. If they're properly installed a helicoil is stronger than stock, I just never trust the "properly installed" part. I totally understand your sentiment.

Bolt in the wrong hole. Started screwing and f*cked it up. Thought I'd got away with it
Classic problem. It happens to everyone at least once.

Gave mine a bath after many weekends in a row of wheeling.
Still cleans up nice

F9DED5D0-E484-4DC8-B87A-D5A6258B8A44.jpeg

B992A1B4-38F6-4B86-BAF0-E10D9E3D8EFA.jpeg

Check Your Nuts
Thought this was a good share.
17mm offset wrench Capri #CP11950-1719

New cockpit electronics upgrade:

Sony XAV-AX5650 Headunit
Custom dash mounted USB connectors in the useless cubby hole for above
Sony XS-FB1030 4" speakers in the dash mounts and rear doors. My rig didn't come with front door speakers even though it's a top spec VX 🤷‍♂️
Auckly 15W Fast Qi Wireless Car Charger with motorised grip
Nextbase 622GW 4k Dash Cam
ANSHILONG rear view mirror with auto dimming, external temp, clock, compass and OEM mount
Garmin DriveSmart 50 Sat Nav (few years old now)
All hard wired into an accessory fuse box. Garmin insisted I use the original cigarette lighter type cable otherwise it takes ages to boot up. And they don't supply a hardwiring kit. So I hard wired in a cigarette lighter style socket and plugged it into that all out of sight

HLC02645.jpg

My truck doesn't have an amp in the front, so plugged the headhunt straight into the same connectors the OEM headhunt was using:

280CD5EF-DAE2-4808-8C63-85A20DC6BA49.JPG

It does have a wee sub amp in the rear quarter though, which I removed. Found a Motorola cellular tracking device, probably dealer fit from 1997:

IMG_7157.JPG

Still to fit:

Sony XS-AW8 8-Inch Powered Under Seat Sub woofer to compensate for my tiny speaker install. Very high build quality, hope it sounds as good as it looks
A wee aftermarket control stalk for the headunit to go on the steering wheel column

Is that the WagonGear antenna mount? Are you using it for your radio antenna or for CB (or both)?
yes. I use it for both, but my club recently switched from CB to GMRS, so yeah. 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom