What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (17 Viewers)

GW Nugget

Do the best you can with what you have...
GOLD Star
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Check Your Nuts
Thought this was a good share.
17mm offset wrench Capri #CP11950-1719

New cockpit electronics upgrade:

Sony XAV-AX5650 Headunit
Custom dash mounted USB connectors in the useless cubby hole for above
Sony XS-FB1030 4" speakers in the dash mounts and rear doors. My rig didn't come with front door speakers even though it's a top spec VX 🤷‍♂️
Auckly 15W Fast Qi Wireless Car Charger with motorised grip
Nextbase 622GW 4k Dash Cam
ANSHILONG rear view mirror with auto dimming, external temp, clock, compass and OEM mount
Garmin DriveSmart 50 Sat Nav (few years old now)
All hard wired into an accessory fuse box. Garmin insisted I use the original cigarette lighter type cable otherwise it takes ages to boot up. And they don't supply a hardwiring kit. So I hard wired in a cigarette lighter style socket and plugged it into that all out of sight

HLC02645.jpg

My truck doesn't have an amp in the front, so plugged the headhunt straight into the same connectors the OEM headhunt was using:

280CD5EF-DAE2-4808-8C63-85A20DC6BA49.JPG

It does have a wee sub amp in the rear quarter though, which I removed. Found a Motorola cellular tracking device, probably dealer fit from 1997:

IMG_7157.JPG

Still to fit:

Sony XS-AW8 8-Inch Powered Under Seat Sub woofer to compensate for my tiny speaker install. Very high build quality, hope it sounds as good as it looks
A wee aftermarket control stalk for the headunit to go on the steering wheel column

Is that the WagonGear antenna mount? Are you using it for your radio antenna or for CB (or both)?
yes. I use it for both, but my club recently switched from CB to GMRS, so yeah. 🤷‍♂️

Check Your Nuts
Thought this was a good share.
17mm offset wrench Capri #CP11950-1719

I love offset box end wrenches. I carry the 17/19, a 14/16, and a 10/12. I use them on the cruiser all the time.

I just snugged up by belts because they had loosened up a bit. The 12mm box end worked great for that job.

Feldrian

Full of opinions and expensive ideas
SILVER Star
ditched my CB for a GMRS and never been happier...
Is the coax to the GMRS antenna compatible/ the same as the CB antenna? I'd like to change over but don't want to rewire the whole setup if I can avoid it.

77mustard40

SILVER Star
I love offset box end wrenches. I carry the 17/19, a 14/16, and a 10/12. I use them on the cruiser all the time.
I need those, thanks for the tip

Is the coax to the GMRS antenna compatible/ the same as the CB antenna? I'd like to change over but don't want to rewire the whole setup if I can avoid it.
No they are not. Not having to ground the antenna and having to mess with tuning and crystal clear reception does it for me...

No they are not. Not having to ground the antenna and having to mess with tuning and crystal clear reception does it for me...
Are you sure about this? I thought both use 50 ohm coax. I know that the antennas are different but haven’t seen anything online indicating that they require different coax.

Love it, but some stock (or other less-bulky) bumpers would really compliment the de-flared look.

tampacruiser95

Upgrades are coming.
Love it, but some stock (or other less-bulky) bumpers would really compliment the de-flared look.
Yeah I'm probably going to get a stock rear bumper now. The front is as stockish as they come. TJM T17...

GW Nugget

Do the best you can with what you have...
GOLD Star
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
He has been on mud here briefly on a hyper arm thread that turned into a 4" lift thread kinda... I like the bumper & different paint color usage. Hope he chimes in.
Edited later: I was wrong, thinking it was this guy but not the same rig.
1660973708483.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom