What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few would appreciate this šŸ˜¬

EF5055A8-E2D6-40ED-A349-F40F4697854A.jpeg

What size lift are you running? And really it made a big difference? I have the Dobinson's 2" lift but haven't changed these out. It rides fine though.
2". Not a big difference but the bushings were so gone that it was like no sway bar for a bit of lean in a corner before it would catch. Consistent now and it can't hurt that the bar is closer to its correct position.

As others have said over torque is as bad as under torque. Now turning a bolt an extra face isn't going to hurt anything.

The added loctite is going to give me the piece of mind I need.

If they come out again it was meant to be.
I think the passenger Caliper backing out is a little more common than you may think. Its an awkward angle to get the bolt in and little to no one replaces the bolts when they service the calipers likely not helping either. I cross threaded mine when I first got it 20+ years ago and got it to work and moved on to only have the bolt back out 2000 miles from home. It was a hell of a noise and it stopped immediately. Can't believe yours destroyed the wheel like it did tho. I had a little damage but it was slow speed.
I went heli coil with a slightly larger bolt but just replaced it right when upgrading the brakes and did a full used knuckle replacement.
You can always jump on the " I love big brakes and can not lie" post and go slip rotors and not have to touch the rotor bolts for some time. So much easier to deal with the brakes and you get a bonus brake upgrade from it as well....

... little to no one replaces the bolts when they service the calipers ...
I replaced mine, but I'm also anal retentive šŸ„³

I'd hazard a guess that a lot of us on the forum are a little retentive, or we wouldn't be here šŸ˜‚

Went out for an evening ride.

20220802_195059.jpg
20220802_190848.jpg

20220802_195740.jpg

Last edited:
That's where Jesus carried the other tire :hillbilly:

Going a little fast in the last picture or - you are teaching the 80 to levitate...

Yeah, I wasn't paying attention and didn't notice the sharp drop off in the sand. I am still trying to figure out how I managed to get both tires air born going down off a bump šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

The little disturbance in-between the tire tracks is where my winch hook hit the sand lol.....my neck hurts today šŸ¤£

Yeah, I wasn't paying attention and didn't notice the sharp drop off in the sand. I am still trying to figure out how I managed to get both tires air born going down off a bump šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

The little disturbance in-between the tire tracks is where my winch hook hit the sand lol.....my neck hurts today šŸ¤£
You came off there pretty good.

Your winch hook buried in the sand and all the load was on the front axle. Then, as you moved forward, the front suspension rebounded and launched the front back off the ground, as the rear tires came down. You can see where the rear tires left the ground as the front tires buried, then the whole truck hopped as your suspension did its job and bounced you off the ground again.

Lay a stick to your front tires and your winch hook, then look at how much angle your truck was when it dug in the hook.

BTDT with an old 68 Chevy K2500 jumping terraces. We dug in a tire carrier on the front that only stuck out 12". It dug a 6" trench. We were damn lucky we didn't stand it on end or flop it.

Passed smog. Had a P0170 code throwing a check engine light and I haven't had a chance to diagnose yet. Would clear and come back randomly

Cleared it while pulling in to the check station and it stayed off luckily

smog.jpg

Slee doesn't allow orders unless he has stock. So it's basically however long packaging and shipping takes.
Yah I remember when I ordered my short bus two years ago it was pretty quick but they seem to never be in stock when I look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom