What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you get an extra rubber isolator/mount and bolt it directly to your jack. Then bolt that directly to the transfercase. No worries about it falling off and you can align it much easier

That's a good idea except the isolator bolts to the transmission and not the t-case. I'll make this modification since I'll be yanking the H55F in my FJ60 soon.

Did a little carpet replacement work and started going black on the interior trim. Dyna deck, 3/16 edging, 3M VHB tape and SEM color coat.
One piece replacement seems to be a no go so was able to pull it off with one Dynamat deck. Super heavy and thick vinyl. Split the middle to save some cost and works with the Goose gear drawers going back in and mid seats never going back in. Mid section could be done with 2 larger pieces and alot of waste.
This with the edging would make a great durable rear mat helping with heat and noise.

IMG_3810.JPG
IMG_3806.JPG

Did a little carpet replacement work and started going black on the interior trim. Dyna deck, 3/16 edging, 3M VHB tape and SEM color coat.
One piece replacement seems to be a no go so was able to pull it off with one Dynamat deck. Super heavy and thick vinyl. Split the middle to save some cost and works with the Goose gear drawers going back in and mid seats never going back in. Mid section could be done with 2 larger pieces and alot of waste.
This with the edging would make a great durable rear mat helping with heat and noise.

View attachment 3044321View attachment 3044322
Nice. I also want to do vinyl flooring but cant find a vendor for the whole floor as one piece.

I took off Friday morning for a sierra camping trip and stopped in Auburn for a sandwich or something, came back and discovered the rear pinion seal all blown: gear oil EVERYWHERE.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I took off Friday morning for a sierra camping trip and stopped in Auburn for a sandwich or something, came back and discovered the rear pinion seal all blown: gear oil EVERYWHERE.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
It had begun leaking a bit a while back, and maybe as a premonition I packed a spare jug of gear oil. And I needed it. I limped myself the 40 miles home thinking, Well so much for that weekend getaway...

I get home, and on the porch is the replacement seal I had ordered last Monday. Temperatures were hovering around 102 so that wasn't gonna happen LOL. But I removed a good bit of the oil with about a half gallon of Simple Green...

Next morning at 0700 and a cup of coffee it was a more comfortable temp of 65 so I went to work to replace the thing. 55 minutes later I was all buttoned up and ready to go again.

:grinpimp:

It had begun leaking a bit a while back, and maybe as a premonition I packed a spare jug of gear oil. And I needed it. I limped myself the 40 miles home thinking, Well so much for that weekend getaway...

I get home, and on the porch is the replacement seal I had ordered last Monday. Temperatures were hovering around 102 so that wasn't gonna happen LOL. But I removed a good bit of the oil with about a half gallon of Simple Green...

Next morning at 0700 and a cup of coffee it was a more comfortable temp of 65 so I went to work to replace the thing. 55 minutes later I was all buttoned up and ready to go again.

:grinpimp:
Question is, people always say you have to re-set the preload, etc, etc when you do this, depending on what type of sleeve or washer or whatever is in there behind the bearing. But what if you return everything to exactly what it was before? Is this something I should consider a trail fix? Or can I relax and carry on?

I've heard both....I did my front just you did ~5 years ago and it's been fine

I'm sure someone will come in and say otherwise
Of course!

:lol:

Well anyway, I made it up there, eventually.

A0CD036C-82DD-45B2-87DA-BF1DF471590E.jpeg

270408A6-85C3-4BB2-8B6E-99D5CAE15CA0.jpeg

767A76E2-42E8-49CC-B7AE-6DF72D33827D.jpeg

CC7F5ED8-D6DB-4A35-893B-0D9A1AD55FEA.jpeg

Rewired my auxiliary power from under the passenger seat to the passenger rear quarter and deleted a ton of wire and titrated down to the accessories I use.

Built a power cable using retractable wire (not sure this is what it’s called. The coiled up slinky stuff). Installed DWG Off-road tilting fridge slide on top of a Land Shark Outfitters drawer.

Pictures uploaded in a weird order.

Very pleased with the results.

5BDA5E23-6F6D-4FC3-9898-955FCB09C16D.jpeg

EBB9EE2A-A757-4185-9C65-52EFDC5E8333.jpeg

6E65AFA7-EBC5-491B-A7DB-B0E84E1F107E.jpeg

58838DFE-FF86-4815-A624-71A372F8B7AE.jpeg

22519BDE-4B69-45D1-BF57-6A8C701D1E19.jpeg

227F9274-85E3-4368-9345-FB7E03A75299.jpeg

Rewired my auxiliary power from under the passenger seat to the passenger rear quarter and deleted a ton of wire and titrated down to the accessories I use.

Built a power cable using retractable wire (not sure this is what it’s called. The coiled up slinky stuff). Installed DWG Off-road tilting fridge slide on top of a Land Shark Outfitters drawer.

Pictures uploaded in a weird order.

Very pleased with the results.

View attachment 3044816

View attachment 3044817

View attachment 3044818

View attachment 3044819

View attachment 3044820

View attachment 3044821

Looks good man!

I'm looking into window storage/gull wings and noticed your molle panel. Which did you go with and do you like it?

There is no torque spec, and a torque wrench won’t fit on the upper bolts as the cat is in the way. You have to use a ratchet wrench. I used gear wrench because they are long.
The capture nuts on the frame are the weakest link so I ran a tap thru them a couple times just to clean them out. If no tap just use one of the new bolts. Then test fit. One of my top holes was a hair off and a quick bore with the drill make it perfect. All super fun while on your back wrestling a big arse slider!
Thank you for the advice to clean the threads, I did this and it definitely helped the installation go smoothly. I think the hardest part of this job was loosening that brake line bracket and squeezing in the u-bolt on the driver side between the frame and fuel tank.

20220628_091901.jpg

Looks good man!

I'm looking into window storage/gull wings and noticed your molle panel. Which did you go with and do you like it?
The MOLLE panel I have is from Orange Boxx Fab in North Carolina. Solid equipment for sure. I find that it has limited use for my application(s). It does, however, protect teh hell out of the rear window. For the money, in my opinion, it is a solid option over the incredibly well made and incredibly priced Delta VS rear storage solution.

If money were no option, I would go crazy on Delta's website and do their entire rear storage system and YodaTEQ's gull wing windows.

Another batch of 100% bolt on rear tire carriers. Shown with a 33.2" tire

Fully laser cut and CNC bent.

Secondary arm with dual jerry can carrier is available now (pics to come in a day or two- stay tuned)

Fully welded or DIY kits

Single or dual arms with or without 2" receiver are available now for purchase.

PM for pricing and lead times.

Jason

PXL_20220628_182445604.jpg

PXL_20220628_182514916.jpg

PXL_20220627_194920884.jpg

PXL_20220628_181958006.jpg

PXL_20220627_194931028.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom