What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (81 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This happened...

20211201_140628.jpg

I messed up and let a 80 that met my criteria slip by.
Now back to the waiting and watching game (hopefully it was not as long as my wait for a new graphics card 😅)

The thanks giving fix a thon continues.

The rear axle is painted and in, and the park brake works! New cable and all, just about every part had to be replaced. I was only able to re use the boots, and the drum brake lever thing that the acrtual brake pad connects too.

Installing the extended brake line kit led to several seized fittings, so. I ended up having to cut out existing lines and make a few new lines. If anyone has ever replace the hard line on the front left side, that routes from the soft line up to the front frame, oooff that was a tough one.

Then after all that work, I decided to take a look at the hard lines on the rear heater. I poked it and it started leaking. Looks like I get to fix this while I’m waiting for more parts.

Oh… and myth or not, the batteries are now on wood blocks!

View attachment 2850782

View attachment 2850783

View attachment 2850784

View attachment 2850785

View attachment 2850786

View attachment 2850798
You are in Minneapolis? Should Fluid Film that!! ;)

What's the criteria
budget is ~12k, and somewhere around 919 zipcode
My classifieds post is here:

I saw one go by at 7k in Northern VA last week

Edit:
Finding one that is stock / relatively stock would be preferred so I could make my own improvements / have something to wrench on / keep me busy since house renovations are almost done :D

Last edited:
Checked my nuts, new O2 sensors, installed 2 new side mirrors, satin blacked the lower 1/5th of the cab... the rust brown was unsightly. Weekend trip coming up and just getting the ol' girl in shape. The truck is coming along too.

Helpful hint on the mirrors - Before unbolting the mirror, just remove the speaker to get to the wiring harness in there. The plastic standoff barb for the mirror wiring harness sticks out of the door shell between the upper hinge bolts - just squeeze with a needle nose and it'll pull right out. Bolt up the mirror and then make the connection before attaching the standoff.

Last edited:
I gotta give a shoutout to Cruiser Outfitters, @cruiseroutfit. I was searching for a new 4.88 gear set for my front diff and they were on backorder just about everywhere. But Kurt was able to track down a set for me even though they were also out of stock. Kurt and his guys at Cruiser Outfitters consistently go out of their way to take care of customers as many of you can confirm. So this is no surprise, but it doesn't diminish the how significant it is to have a business like CO that takes care of customers.

There are other businesses in the Cruiser community that do a good job too. We are fortunate as customers to have so many good supporting companies. It's worth a shout out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom