What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (95 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Off to a good start. After several instances of blood letting from jagged plastic and an exposed steel edge, the belt molding got replaced. Simple job but should have ordered the mirror triangle because it snapped during removal as I thought it might. I should do the other 3 too, but I don’t sit in those seats. 😈
View attachment 2770852
View attachment 2770853
View attachment 2770854
IIRC solve function has a 3d printed mirror triangle with a tweeter cutout if you’re interested.

IIRC solve function has a 3d printed mirror triangle with a tweeter cutout if you’re interested.
He does. Another option for a Ram mount too. I’m still putting it back to factory but considered them.

He does. Another option for a Ram mount too. I’m still putting it back to factory but considered them.
I cut a hole in the triangles for tweeters a few years ago on a previous truck. Used a hole saw. Worked great and sounded great.

Decided to mount my new to me dobinsons front bumper. Cleaned it up a bit. It’s been 5 months since I did my repaint and finally did the gasket thing and remount 2 of 6 fender flares . Starting to look grizzly !!!! Loving it .

5C22693C-CAE6-4D4B-85D6-C0E121D2B8D1.jpeg

B8C5B30D-E9A4-4669-A067-F39B9D75A5FE.jpeg

32FB8694-4E31-4F9B-89A8-7F1586707431.jpeg

9CBE0BC4-0C5E-4B00-817C-1C411EE07E3D.jpeg

Took out starter to replace. Had to wait a day for part order. Broke my clavicle the next day. Proceeded in retail therapy while “healing” by buying a bunch of more goodies from wits end.
Got cabin fever and decided to attempt installing the starter, and did it! It just took me 2 hours with one hand though. The rest of the stuff I got.
Eh well we will see….

View attachment 2767099

View attachment 2767100

View attachment 2767101

View attachment 2767102
You broke your collar bone changing your starter?

You broke your collar bone changing your starter?
I guess i forgot to mention how,

well i went for a bike ride while i was waiting for my starter to arrive. And i broke it from falling off my bike. Yet i still installed it a week later

Ih8grime..

30 years of dirt finally got some addressing today.. previous owner must’ve raised a large family in this truck!

Sugar soap wipes for me!

View attachment 2772519
Are you sure you don't have a blocked rear drain on your sunroof? That looks very much like a water stain.

Change the battery terminal connectors, and drove to the gas station for the first time in over 2 years. lol

No sunroof.. I agree it does look like water damage, possibly from the old windscreen, has been dry on the front end since replaced.. never saw the extent on how far it travelled so must’ve gotten back there!
No sunroof - lucky barstard..:clap:

1995 I purchased last October and sold this June. New owner commented that she never skipped a beat. Two brothers left Creemore Ontario for a road trip through western Canada, up the Dempster highway via Dawson City Yukon to the Arctic Coast.
IMG_0262001.jpg

Had it out in CO last month. Took a trip to Long Island this month.
5D32C3A7-102C-4268-9759-B88A196590A7.jpeg

1995 I purchased last October and sold this June. New owner commented that she never skipped a beat. Two brothers left Creemore Ontario for a road trip through western Canada, up the Dempster highway via Dawson City Yukon to the Arctic Coast.View attachment 2772771
Looks like mom is still dressing the boys :p

1630332718250.png
I pulled my RCV rear axle flanges for inspection, axle and flanges were found to be in good shape no damage :clap:
1630332760937.png

All flange bolts cone washers and hardware were found tight and in good condition.
I do occasionally spin the wheels. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom