What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (68 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drove up to upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina for a camp trip and exploring a bit. Didn’t know we would be going into horrendous floods. We probably saw the waters rise 12-15 feet at the French Broad. Mandatory evacuations and the works. Pretty wild.

Did get in a good view before the rains came at least.

View attachment 2764033

View attachment 2764035

Beautiful scenery in good weather, but a tough part of the world when it is not..

Last I heard there were a couple of fatalities and 20 or so still missing in Western NC from those rains.

Beautiful scenery in good weather, but a tough part of the world when it is not..

Last I heard there were a couple of fatalities and 20 or so still missing in Western NC from those rains.
Yeah we were in the thick of that area while it was happening. Our area was evacuated, but we were out exploring when it happened while we left the offroad trailer and Jeep behind. Came back to HOLY SH*T and a blocked road that forced us to leave it behind. Waters came up but didn’t flood out the Jeep - we were lucky.

Forgot I had this 1500w inverter laying in the back of the truck unwired and unused, figured I’d make light work of getting some 240v in the rear.

Only drops .1v at max draw for my application; was expecting worse going from 40amp battery cable to 15amp for the in-line fuse.

Currently drawing from the AUX battery, so will be running the car when inverter is in use so that the alternator is supplying power rather than sucking my battery dry.

7EDCEB0E-D549-42B6-B936-9118AED292A9.jpeg

73B022CB-B91E-4741-99AE-99F3033F48FB.jpeg

Yeah we were in the thick of that area while it was happening. Our area was evacuated, but we were out exploring when it happened while we left the offroad trailer and Jeep behind. Came back to HOLY SH*T and a blocked road that forced us to leave it behind. Waters came up but didn’t flood out the Jeep - we were lucky.

Glad everything worked out and you got out safely!

It's on BAT for $25k. Bargain 😁
🤩 Wow! Bring out the high bidders! Never taken Offroad! Zero rust! Cold A/C. Slight clearcoat peeling. Seats don’t go forward, it’s a cheap fix. Find of the day 🍿

Because it is an 80 series someone should buy it, drain and refill the fluids and fire it up, it will probably last another several thousand miles!
🤩 Wow! Bring out the high bidders! Never taken Offroad! Zero rust! Cold A/C. Slight clearcoat peeling. Seats don’t go forward, it’s a cheap fix. Find of the day 🍿

I would lIke to know the back story of how it made it to the River!,

Also upgraded the sun visors with ones from a 93 500SEL. $23 bucks for the pair and the grey is a nice match. The mount holes were a bit off so I just swapped over the LC's old ones. I have new clips on the way as the old ones were a little brittle and one snapped. These new ones are easy to keep clean and they extend to cover the whole door. No more button snap for me.
IMG_20210821_103638.jpg

IMG_20210821_103737.jpg

IMG_20210821_113831.jpg

IMG_20210821_113817.jpg

IMG_20210821_113847.jpg

Finished my EGR delete with @NLXTACY's "key chains".
20210821_102335.jpg

Also replacement the paperclip with the Derale power steering cooler. Thanks @TYM4FUN and @cvenom96 with the assistance of getting everything needed.
20210821_131457.jpg
20210821_131504.jpg

Lastly registered for NC's Logan Run and purchased some Swag from @jamesurq.
20210821_153657.jpg

Taking a short break with fighting with the small mechanical items to knock out some lock actuators that had gone bad.

Rear passenger and hatch replaced. The rear hatch was a real pain in the ass to do if I’m being honest. Lube was pretty gnarly so greased up the parts while I was in there.

Also got a new key cut, unfortunately the hatch key still seems frozen. Might have to pull the cylinder at some point down the line.

E246118B-D98C-480E-8D84-83348CAD165B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom