What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (64 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pulled off the factory roof rack and all the screws. Glad I did as a couple of holes had rust just starting to bubble, gonna treat those. Keeping the center support braces but losing the outside rack, bought some gutter mounts and plan on making cross barsl, not a full rack, just for the surfboard and fishing poles but leaving the center factory braces incase I want to throw something up there.

That did cross my mind..... maybe? I just painted the 93 in Feb though and it’s so dialed in.... except it’s not super charged! Lol! I wonder what I could get for the 93 non locked.... non armored.
Pre-95 is never worth as much as the newer trucks but people pay up for baselined and sorted 80s for good reason, assuming the paint job is quality that is a big bonus too.

Took the LC to some old train tunnels and creeks this past weekend. It was epic. There are three different tunnels on this property. One is so long you cant see light from either side.

LC Tunnel.jpg

Tunnel 2.jpg

Brookwood.jpg

Tunnel 3.jpg

group.jpg

I fixed the sloppy AC vents years ago, but shot a vid today to share with you all.
Enjoy.

Repaired the drivers side rear door lock actuator. Replaced the little motor inside the actuator with one from Solvefunction . I used JB Weld to secure the worm gear to the shaft. I used a file to ruff up the shaft so the JB would have something to grip (unsure if this was needed). Also, be sure and wire up the motor according to how the wires are oriented on the old motor and not by color. Test before putting everything back together. If the wires are wrong, door will lock while unlocking and unlock while locking. Ask me how I know :)
Wires:
door lock motor connections.jpg

Added a little hot glue to seal up the two wires:

door lock motor connections2.jpg

Last edited:
Chipping away at the pile of parts boxes I have been accumulating, last nights project was installing a pair of YodaTEQ gullwings.

I have been running a pair on the Cummins since Frank first released them 4 or 5 years ago and they are a fantastic mod, so I knew I had to Have a pair for the LX also.

The only thing I don’t love about the design is re-using the aluminum glass frame from the sliders.

That is how I installed them the first time around on the Cummins. This time however I followed in @bryson foot steps and picked up a pair of rear quarter weather strips and a pair of vent louvers for a solid rear quarter glass 80. Using these weather strips you can install the YotaTEQ gullwings just like a regular glass window and no need to muck around with the aluminum frame of the slider. The new louvers are just to prevent you from seeing body color paint Which you would if you keep the louvers designed to work with the sliders. I think this is a much cleaner and simpler install all around.

E1C0C2C4-1562-4424-8138-DC57769F4FD8.jpeg

F73E605F-A4CB-4619-8568-2C131703382E.jpeg

5601BDFC-2AE9-46F2-B438-8A1FFD3351F7.jpeg

4DFB5344-C6AA-4004-8A5B-4191BC895209.jpeg

Part numbers for reference:
Louvers: 62906-60010 & 62905-60010
Weatherstrip x 2: 62741-60030

Not really over the weekend or in the cruiser but we rented an SUV and drove from Maryland to Seattle so the my wife and 1 y.o. could spend a few months at his grandmother's house. She was planning on going for a bit right about the time Covid hit and delayed it. That was the most best road trip ever. Stopped at a random state park in Minnesota and let me son play on the river bank for the first time. Saw Badlands National Park in South Dakota the next day. Made a big loop though Yellowstone and saw some amazing scenery and wildlife. Then back up through Montana and across Eastern Washington state. Stopped at the Columbia River to take some pictures and then finally over Snoqualmie and into Seattle. Took 7 days but we weren't pushing hard to hurry up and get there. I'd love to do it again and camp in a few spots along the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom