What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Used a york compressor from ebay or Amazon as there weren't any available for easy pick up from local used parts yard. . There are a couple long threads on the York/OBA that has plenty to read Not all of it is specific to the York but there is enough there to get a good idea. Wits' End York On-Board-Air Schematic and Discussion and Bringing back the York OBA bracket and pulley kit!.

The install is prettty straight forward when using the kit from WitsEnd aka @NLXTACY. Before the manifold was shipped Joey even gave me a call to ask which electical connector was on my York pump and matched the conncector on his end to make it plug and play. That is service:clap:. In brief summary of the install, the bracke just bolts in place to the engine block, bolt in the york to the bracket, replace the fan belt pully with the provided pully which allows for an extra belt, re install the fan belts and the belt to the york, add the fittings to the compressor and if you go with the suggested air source being the pre-filtered air from the air cleaner than there are some holes to drill in the air filter box. The manifold installs with 2 existing bolts on the fender. Wire up the electrical and route your air lines and you've got air :cool:. Not sure the kits are still available but maybe they are or perhaps he'll do another run when enough interest builds again.

thanks for the feedback 👍🏻
and more kits available starting on Wed.

Used a york compressor from ebay or Amazon as there weren't any available for easy pick up from local used parts yard. . There are a couple long threads on the York/OBA that has plenty to read Not all of it is specific to the York but there is enough there to get a good idea. Wits' End York On-Board-Air Schematic and Discussion and Bringing back the York OBA bracket and pulley kit!.

The install is prettty straight forward when using the kit from WitsEnd aka @NLXTACY. Before the manifold was shipped Joey even gave me a call to ask which electical connector was on my York pump and matched the conncector on his end to make it plug and play. That is service:clap:. In brief summary of the install, the bracke just bolts in place to the engine block, bolt in the york to the bracket, replace the fan belt pully with the provided pully which allows for an extra belt, re install the fan belts and the belt to the york, add the fittings to the compressor and if you go with the suggested air source being the pre-filtered air from the air cleaner than there are some holes to drill in the air filter box. The manifold installs with 2 existing bolts on the fender. Wire up the electrical and route your air lines and you've got air :cool:. Not sure the kits are still available but maybe they are or perhaps he'll do another run when enough interest builds again.
Thanks for the info. Nice setup.

Woke up in the LC, to snow!
90D09C65-1004-47CA-9093-E555694E72DE.jpeg
8906DE95-AA13-47B1-AE65-426D4C453BE4.jpeg

74DB2FAB-42E9-4ECB-9DAA-3173C116B27B.jpeg

Today we made a big interior transformation of our 80 Series Land Cruiser, named “Tallulah.” As you can see, this was VERY much needed! Here’s the before and after.

714A1780-FFCD-4EEC-BBE5-A3C9625FD2AF.jpeg

210FA396-7D00-49F9-86EC-27DA8C969EAD.jpeg

BC4A386A-8C0A-47A1-93DE-C0F71B1D655E.jpeg

67BAC964-4D2B-42F5-B0C0-277495E5E393.jpeg

E3B4061C-ACAC-4B46-BE71-A42F9F212054.jpeg

Ever get tired of neighbors walking by and saying “what r u doin now?” “Is that thing ever gonna be done?!”. Love ‘em all but they will never get it.
Neither will I and I own one. Yet, through the haze, I march on.... :flipoff2:

Replaced the channel runs and belt weatherstrip on the front doors. Bought some weathertech floor mats and put those in. Just ordered front and rear seat covers from Precisionfit. Waiting on the samples for the carpet from stock interiors next. Probably try to knock that all out over a weekend once it arrives.

Bumped into this other green 80 at the supermarket last night (my truck on the right, with white roof). The one on the left had amazing paint, no fade or clear coat peeling. Wheels are mint too. I live in quite a “horsey” area so probably a tow rig.
78E7FA1A-D936-455F-BDC3-5F74EC312A88.jpeg

^^^ Jealous of those OEM tire carriers.

Bled brakes, checked The Nuts, and inspected the safety cotters in the steering linkage. Noticed that the factory anti-rust underbody oiler is working pretty well.

Taking care of the little things. The vibration resistant sealant finally has cracked and the hood has a little vibration while at speed so off the hood came. Out with the old adhesive and in with the new. Decided to take care of the same in the interior while I was at it.
hood vibration repair #1.jpg
hood vibration repair #2.jpg
hood vibration repair #3.jpg
Interior roof vibration #1.jpg
Interior roof vibration #2.jpg

I took all that plastidip stuff off my wheels and painted them bronze and, in person, they turned out better than I expected. Pics make them look a little gold but they aren't. And, I wouldn't say I half-assed it. More like 3/4 assed if that means I tried harder but still had a few runs/blemishes. 7 wheels total (2 for a trailer) and I got a little impatient at the end.
Also replaced that steering shaft grommet that was toast 10 years ago.
Did the egr test plug fix and changed the oil. Cleaned out the breather tubes on the axles. Put a little more grease in the balls.
Saw a few things under the Cruiser that will need addressing in the future probably but for now is ok.
A few months back, I installed a dual battery system. And somewhere along the way I put in a Delta shifter console.
That is about it I guess. We are headed to Big Bend in a few weeks.
0303201645a.jpg
0302201726-01.jpeg
0229201133b.jpg

Box Rocket, I thought I followed your suggestions on the paint. My memory may be off though. I used Rustoleum primer, gloss black, the bronze, then clear coat.
The bronze is Duplicolor HWP105 Bronze.
Amazon was the source.

Box Rocket, I thought I followed your suggestions on the paint. My memory may be off though. I used Rustoleum primer, gloss black, the bronze, then clear coat.
The bronze is Duplicolor HWP105 Bronze.
Amazon was the source.
Nice. So you sprayed them with a black base coat first, then the bronze over the top? I dig it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom