Bringing back the York OBA bracket and pulley kit!

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

Since starting Wits' End last May, the number one thing I keep getting asked to make (other than the battery disconnect, the D-Pillar mount, the second row bug screens, etc etc) is the York bracket and pulley kit. For those of you that have been around long enough you'll remember that I did the GroupBuy way back in 2008 and it was fairly successful. It was a total pain in the ass on my side of things because I was working with someone that was a little unhinged but it all worked out. Every now and again I'll see a kit come up for sale and it never ever lasts.

The York OBA mounting kit is an easy one for me because I've already done the hard work and now all I need to do is get it reproduced. I have the OEM bits secured and I have machined bits quoted and ready to start. On my end all I would need to do is get the pieces plated and packaged to send out.

Here are the components that will be with the kit:
• York Bracket in steel and yellow zinc coating
• Water Pump Pulley in aluminum and black anodize
• Zinc plated hardware kit
• OEM Tensioner Assembly w/Bolt
• OEM V-Belt

A few notes:
• You will need to source your own York 210 compressor. These compressors are ridiculously common and easy to source. These are units of choice because they are internally oiled.
• You will need to trim the exhaust manifold heat shield, only a little though :p
• 93/94 1FZ need to remove the PAIR system on the intake.

Price: $340 is what I am gunning for.

At this point its not quite a groupbuy but I do need to find out the interest level. At these prices I had to assume 20 units. Now the last few items I've launched have been totally hit or miss which is a bummer but it hasn't stopped me from wanting to produce more. If I can get more than 20 people interested then it means I can look at stocking these units. That would be my goal but I'm not holding my breath.

Before the questions start coming in...
• NO, there is no option for a different compressor
• NO, you can't run this AND a super charger
• NO, you can't get the pulley w/o the bracket or the bracket w/o the pulley, at least not yet :flippoff2:
• NO, I am not going to be selling used compressors

Here is the first piece that is getting produced:

image.jpeg

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

Your current options for air are:
Nearest gas station- so good luck being close enough when you need one.
Bumming air off your trail buddies- hopefully you have friends with at least one of the following:
CO2 bottle- What a few of has have/had but its kind of a pain to get it filled now. The plus side is you can move it around as needed.
Puma or Viair compressor- Takes up a whole lot of room and is noisy as FAWK! That being said, if you have a tank this is a good way to go.
MV50 or Pep Boys equivalent- Cheap as dirt but seems to work if you are willing to wait.
York OBA- true On Board Air system that will last as long as the truck does. Infinite amounts of air without ever running out...so long as the truck is running. Don't need a tank but the tank does help things.

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

Pardon my ignorance but what does this York pulley kit do again?
The York pulley AND BRACKET kit allow you to mount a York 210 air compressor to the passenger side of your 1FZ block to give you an infinite amount of available compressed air.

The York pulley AND BRACKET kit allow you to mount a York 210 air compressor to the passenger side of your 1FZ block to give you an infinite amount of available compressed air.

Ah, got it! Thanks, and You make this kit AFTER I bought the arb compressor????

Last edited:

I hate to say it...but I'd be in for this. I have been pretty much sold on the Puma, but this was always my preference for on board air. Just never had the time or confidence to figure out the mods needed.

Please take my money!!!

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

Ah, got it! Thanks, and You make this kit AFTER I bought the arb compressor????
After having two of the dual ARB compressor kits just collecting dust in my garage I finally got to the point where I realized that this wasn't a great option for the money. If I didn't have the S/C then this would be a no-brainer.

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

I hate to say it...but I'd be in for this. I have been pretty much sold on the Puma, but this was always my preference for on board air. Just never had the time or confidence to figure out the mods needed.

Please take my money!!!
Yeah I think most were sold on the Puma because its a good option, its just not as good as having York OBA. I'll be working on other stuff fort he kit to make it easier to figure out to make it a reality. First thing is first you know ;)

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

Count me in also. I have been trying to hunt one of these down for a while. Any idea on the time frame?
It all depends how long it takes to at least 15 people to jump on the bandwagon. The pulley time is about two weeks and the bracket I've been told about three weeks because its one guy that does the laser table and another that does the welding (btw this is going with a completely difference shop than what I've been using for the rest of my stuff). Then everything comes back to me so I can have all of the coatings done and wrapped for shipping. I don't want issues of damaged parts because someone other than me is mixing aluminum with steel in one box.

Love the idea...have my own York 210 OBA setup in fact. Made it for $40 that included the pump. I got mine off an 80's Volvo wagon and cannibalized the the original bracket to make the mounting bracket. And added a idler pulley and sliding assembly off an old accessory bracket I had laying around. Then again, I used the factory water pump pulley and didn't get a fancy billet like you're offering, or the sweet zinc plating.

Top Bottom