What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (117 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed 12K pound winch, front mount intercooler, transmission cooler, and LED driving lights.

Over the next couple of weeks I will install front and rear TJM air lockers and Chromoly axles. I will also install a new double DIN stereo and speakers. I already have the parts, just not the time....

IMG_1634.jpeg

Packed up the house and put White Sheep into storage for my upcoming deployment.

20200114_112954.jpg

Got the windshield taped up and went to do the @firetruck41 windshield sealant fix, but found out my tube of 3M Windoweld is too old; I couldn't get it to come out even after a hot water bath. So now I get to drive around like this until Bezos sends a drone with a new tube 😤

View attachment 2183080
O'Reillys carries that product if you need it faster.

Got the windshield taped up and went to do the @firetruck41 windshield sealant fix, but found out my tube of 3M Windoweld is too old; I couldn't get it to come out even after a hot water bath. So now I get to drive around like this until Bezos sends a drone with a new tube 😤

View attachment 2183080
I had to do this on my windshield. was leaking like a noodle strainer the first big rain I had with my cruiser. the new windshield was being put in when I purchased the vehicle.. thought it was a good thing but I guess the guy did not Know you have to seal up the gasket too. After doing the inner and outer part of the gasket, it does not leak at all.

Spent the last four weekends chipping away at these.

20200112_161549 (2).jpg

The CC bushings had 75k on them, they were starting to crack so it was time. The rest had 235k on them and were showing their age too.

20200111_125535 (2).jpg

Thanks to all the shared knowledge here, I tooled up with confidence and didn't have any drama with the pressing of the bushings.

20191227_155430 (2).jpg

I did run into one dilemma however. For the rear panhard I used the factory bolt with the washer on the Wits' End press tool. The pressing force was enough to squish the washer out so that it captured both the washer and the bolt inside the puck! I had to use the press to get the bolt back out, which of course ruined it. I got by with a hardware store bolt until I could get a replacement.

20200104_144539 (2).jpg

20200104_144620 (2).jpg

Aside from that, I did find challenges that I wasn't prepared for. Mostly accessing and removing the bolts, which required unbolting the rear shocks from their lower mounts, unbolting the exhaust hangers and jacking up the muffler, removing the the LSPV arm bracket from the rear diff and loosening the LSPV bracket from the frame, and also having to use the bottle jack between the rear axle and frame to gain clearance from the right side spring.

I'm bushed! 😄

Whatcha chasing with your e-lockers? My front e-locker has stopped engaging and I suspect a rebuild is in order.
My rear locker takes way too long to engage, and sometimes doesn't engage at all. The rear will get a full actuator rebuild assuming there's not any unrepairable damage in there. My front still works great, so I'll probably just pull the actuator and give it a quick once-over, and assuming it doesn't need anything, I'll just keep the parts on hand for when it does.

My rear locker takes way too long to engage, and sometimes doesn't engage at all. The rear will get a full actuator rebuild assuming there's not any unrepairable damage in there. My front still works great, so I'll probably just pull the actuator and give it a quick once-over, and assuming it doesn't need anything, I'll just keep the parts on hand for when it does.
upgrade to ARB air lockers, instant engagement with no delay, arguably stronger than OEM, can also run compressor to air up....

upgrade to ARB air lockers, instant engagement with no delay, arguably stronger than OEM, can also run compressor to air up....
Buy my factory locked axles for $3000 and I'll gladly make the change.;) I already have a compressor for airing up, so I'm ready when you are!

Buy my factory locked axles for $3000 and I'll gladly make the change.;) I already have a compressor for airing up, so I'm ready when you are!
i will you in mind if i decide to build another 80 =) probably going to build a jeep crawler with Dynatrac 60/80 with ARB lockers and run 40s..ha

Headed out to Moab for the annual guys trip with a few friends from high school. A lot of snow this year that added a layer of fun to the trails. Big thank to @Nay for being the tour guide. After that I headed from Moab to Jackson Hole. Big thanks to @Box Rocket for some recommended camping options along the way up from Moab and @NateMob for hooking me up with a 5 star place to stay.

View attachment 2176018View attachment 2176024View attachment 2176023View attachment 2176022
View attachment 2176026
I see green springs up front. Which ones and what’s in the rear. It sits good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom