What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (71 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced my rear brake pads/rotors, brake booster(it was leakingabs delete(slee double sheer up front took it out months ago) and lsvp delete. Peddle feels kinda “meh” but when i stomp it, my armored pig goes from 70-0 in a damn hurry. Prob a lil air in the system, ill get it later, maybe master cylinder is tired, maybe im retarded.

I have a pad clip or something making noise on passenger rear, maybe a shoe? Gotta tear that one back apart. It’s faint, but i am sensitive to high pitch noises. Its gotta go!

491280EE-F70D-4436-AD73-0F3DEA763B4A.jpeg

I decided to get the drawers more organized. I like the modularity of the pelican system, just not the price.

Start
20191026_175217.jpg

Bought some plastic

Used carpet tape and some 3d printed clips
20191028_182901.jpg

Cutting board fits up there now
20191028_182913.jpg

The clips
20191028_203016.jpg

Dude that setup is sweet, simple but works so well. AND they sell this exact setup for like 100.00 ask how I know.

I like it so far, we'll see how well it holds up to Pismo this weekend.

How does one person without a business get this done without being abused by machine shops and what not? Are there services out there that I could leverage?

Turn-houses don't care if you're a business. Here are a couple I've used in the past:
Protolabs
Xometry
RapidMade

Don't discount just reaching out to local machine shops. Make a relationship, get them interested in the project (while protecting IP as much as possible), ignore how crotchety old machinists are, and you'd be surprised how much you can get done.

Wheeled NW virginia with the CLCC guys n girls at the fall crawl. Awesome weekend and excellent colors.

Looks like a great run. Location?

Picked these up today from an ‘80 in the neighborhood. I noticed driving by it regularly that the side steps had been removed since I last saw it a week ago. I asked the owner about them and worked a deal and got them for $150 with all hardware and plastic end caps. They just need to be washed up and they’ll be ready for install.

40B82F3F-FD84-4596-804E-2141BB6BD2E6.jpeg

Wow he made out...mine went in the trash. I was warned here not to have them, as they will cause damage to the truck if squished wheeling.

Depending on your use, you might want to read up on that.

Picked these up today from an ‘80 in the neighborhood. I noticed driving by it regularly that the side steps had been removed since I last saw it a week ago. I asked the owner about them and worked a deal and got them for $150 with all hardware and plastic end caps. They just need to be washed up and they’ll be ready for install.

View attachment 2120107

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom