What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (120 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mini tune up after 75K......sounds and runs the same :meh: everything looked normal.

1571337401091.png

Decided it was time for rock lights. Did a portion of the Rubicon in the middle of the night and that was no fun with just headlights. Had to get out with a flashlight a few times to see where I was going as I couldn't even tell where I was putting a tire.

So I'm installing a mix of various LED light pods and actual small rock lights. And it will absolutely be complete and utter overkill by the time I'm done. I won't even need shop lights anymore when I work under the truck.

7xJ2Dkih.jpg

mOA50Ush.jpg

o6eHWl2h.jpg

WogMXE9h.jpg

xljGCumh.jpg

Hi could you share info on the refer you have in the land cruiser ? performance ? overall likes

TIA
Hi could you share info on the refer you have in the land cruiser ? performance ? overall likes

TIA
the drawer fridge in the back? It’s the isotherm cruise classic meant for boats - this one

It’s not cheap - $800 but it holds more food than you think. The thermostat is in a stupid place and the control unit went on the fritz recently - 60 dollars to replace and 15 mins of time - apparently your not meant to turn off the fridge using the thermostat but at the circuit breaker - otherwise you might fry the control unit - which i did......

Apart from that - worked flawlessly - 3 or 4 years in now.....and it’s been pretty beat up!

Some photos of it being installed in my home built drawer setup in my build thread so you can see how I vent a hot air vent channel for the compressor - I didn’t remote mount it - which you can do up to a meter away

I have installed a half dozen or so Redarc BCDC aux battery kits into 80s at my work, Rhino Adventure Gear. But this week was the first time shipping a kit out for a customer to install on their own. @joee has his kit coming with every single piece to install a second, aux battery in his 80. It will be a good test to see if I haven’t left anything out. And also if my instructions make sense haha. If all goes well, I’ll likely do a group buy on here for others to buy. View attachment 2105234View attachment 2105233
twice on my test drive to VA my 100AH lithium charged by 1225 and 140 watt merlin failed. Imagine that? fridge running all night in the cold and she would shut down alarm and all. No clue how a fridge can drain a 100AH litihum.

So after Doing ALL new braking system OEM calipers,pads Booster/master cyclinder and EBC rotors AND new hyperflex arms from Superior, new front ring and pinion and all new bearings/races front/rear diffs.
I took the truck for a test drive to viriginia down to the overland expo east.
1900 miles total after breaking in ring and pinion first. and about 100 miles off road.
still has a slight vibe at 62-66 MPH from front DC DS
BUT she stops, never ever has this truck even pretended it was going to stop, just because you hit the brake pedal. Now it does. So thats awesome.
The new cerullo performance seats are scheelman level serious, but made in Merica, super comfortable and you can sleep in them.
my 100AH Relion Lithium charged by BOTH my 150AMP sequoia alternator via redarc BCDC1225 and merlin 140watt solar failed to keep up with a 65L dometic running all night, yea that happened, not sure WTF but Ill find out.
Long story short my first time ever rebuilding diffs, ring and pinion etc worked. new OEM brakes sans ABS and LSPV all worked.
hyperflex arms worked out even at 80MPH on highway, but I still think its the genesis of the vibration as it allows pinion angle to move slightly.
Tested breakage strength of the @LandCruiserPhil quik disconnects and they passed, by a lot.
that is all.

Last edited:
Where did you purchase this and what part numbers are they?
Did you cut the front brake shields?
Do they fit behind the wheels without a spacer?
Ok so they aren’t a big brake set. Thanks!

Was it plug and play?

Where did you order from? It’s difficult to put a set
Together on my own.

Reactions: RFB
Decided it was time for rock lights. Did a portion of the Rubicon in the middle of the night and that was no fun with just headlights. Had to get out with a flashlight a few times to see where I was going as I couldn't even tell where I was putting a tire.

So I'm installing a mix of various LED light pods and actual small rock lights. And it will absolutely be complete and utter overkill by the time I'm done. I won't even need shop lights anymore when I work under the truck.

7xJ2Dkih.jpg

mOA50Ush.jpg

o6eHWl2h.jpg

WogMXE9h.jpg

xljGCumh.jpg
Nothing exceeds like excess. Looks serious. And Im not surprised.

Last edited:
I swapped my stock Radius arms to set of Deltas and i really enjoy the driving, next I have some cool springs from my friend Darren McRae for them

Received an email that my new u-joints arrived from Cruiser Outfitters so that will be my Sunday project.

Greased my driveline and put front driveshaft back in phase. It was 90 degrees out! The lift made it pretty apparent with a loud grrrrr on deceleration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom