What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (71 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My brother and a group of our friends from Tuscaloosa started a group call Black Warrior Expeditions. All Toyotas and a great group of guys to ride with. We have a shop that we do fab work and modifications. You can check us out on instagram at @Black_Warrior_Expeditions . Anyone that is ever interested in riding with us please let us know and we will be happy to have you.
Do y'all ever make it down to LA?

Changed oil, topped off knuckle grease, picked up a few things around town... and I thought my days of not having a pick-up were coming to an end. This thing never ceases to impress but don't think drawers are an option if I keep using like this.
IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0066.JPG

Got my LSeat leather kit for the middle row yesterday and spent a little time on it last night. Got half of the set done. Gonna hit it with some steam and smooth out the wrinkles. The original seats were in dire need of repair. Haven't seen anyone that has done black leather so it was a bit of a gamble but they'll match my front seats now and I'm liking how they are turning out.
Rear seats by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Another exciting note...I was just notified that my new Goose-Gear rear drawers were delivered to my house about 30 min ago. Gonna be a fun filled weekend!

What the hell happened to @LS1FJ40 ??

I’m alive! Been working!

Thanks for checking on me.

In keeping with the “tech” of this thread...

Here is an 80 Series we just saw in Scotland at Tantallon Castle. Spur of the moment trip to go visit my daughter for the weekend.

What’s the best tool for checking the bearing preload? I’ve got a couple of days before I can get the rest of the parts together I’ve already added a power bleeder to my tool to get list.

Your hands ...with the wheel in the air grab it at 12 & 6 o'clock and there should be zero movement.

Watching the first minute of this lame video should give you an idea.

Also you want a vacuum bleeder not a power bleeder, a must easier to use device for one person. My opinion :)

More 200K service

Looking at pictures I found my evaporator lines bad. Because they are no longer available from Toyota you need to use bulk hose.
1564241123869.png

1564241206240.png

Also noticed in looking at pictures the rubber brake at the wheel were also bad

1564241326579.png

brake line.png

1564241603877.png

Seen above Aussie ABS sensor block off

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom