What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (91 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally took it off pavement. Next step is to actually go wheeling.

X8Y8RUOh.jpg

J6LBigvh.jpg

NXFgJhHh.jpg

And my first mod of 2019...a new sticker :clap:

JgqmeM3l.jpg

Do you have a link for that sticker?

Cliff notes: Millenials on instagram go to beautiful and delicate natural places in the wilderness, then drop a location marker in their beautiful photo. Then thousands of other millenials on instagram go to the same spot and overrun it with trash and human waste, basically ruining it forever.

There are places I used to go in the 70's and 80's that were virtually untouched. Today I won't go there anymore. Completely junked out. I think the key thing people don't think about is that the population of the US in 1970 was 205.1 million (1970), the population today is 327.2 million (2018). That is a sobering fact. I am not proposing that people shouldn't share the places they find but keep in mind there are a lot more people who want to go to there today and they have much better tools to understand how to get there.

There are places I used to go in the 70's and 80's that were virtually untouched. Today I won't go there anymore. Completely junked out. I think the key thing people don't think about is that the population of the US in 1970 was 205.1 million (1970), the population today is 327.2 million (2018). That is a sobering fact. I am not proposing that people shouldn't share the places they find but keep in mind there are a lot more people who want to go to there today and they have much better tools to understand how to get there.
I have stopped sharing locations (even verbally) with most of the people I interact with. Close friends and ones I trust to treat the places with discretion and respect and keep it to themselves I'm happy share my favorite places with.

Last edited:

just to put some perspective on that USA and Australia are about the same size, but we have 300 million less people here

Engine is back from the machine shop. Should have the transmission back in a few weeks. Already cleaned up the intake and throttle body, replaced all vacuum lines, replaced injectors. Waiting on fuel pressure regulator, fuel vsv, evap vsv, tvv then I will paint, replace injector clips, repair harness and reassemble.

20190725_173619.jpg

Putting an OME medium lift in it right now.

F6350947-3043-478C-A3A2-A626D4DC0840.jpeg

It’s just my beater shop Cruiser but the 26yr old springs and shocks were dead a decade ago.....1/2” to the bump stops is not a go!

:)

Cheers

just to put some perspective on that USA and Australia are about the same size, but we have 300 million less people here

That sounds wonderful other than all the spiders and snakes and kangaroos and whatever else crazy animals you have that try to kill humans :flipoff2:

Eastern Sierra above Mono Lake...Sierra storm rolled in earlier at Mono Lake with thunder and lightning ;)

Last pics are up in the White mountains at 11,300ft elevation ...Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest

184.JPG

181.JPG

102.JPG

022.JPG

037.JPG

Just bought a pair of Depo headlights and corner lights for the cruiser. If anyone on here has ever wanted a set of Aussie headlights let me know. Left and right with corners in vgc
eHVHFnw.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom