What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just went to the dealer to get an oil filter and he says those are on sale for $4. So I got 5. Is that a good deal? I was expecting to pay triple that for 1.

I've never had hands on a beadlock wheel.

Why does ONLY the outside bead have the clamp on it?

Does the inside bead never get pushed loose or is it about the ROTATION that breaks the bead, and not the sideways push?

Shouldn't BOTH beads have a beadlock on them?
There is a reason that HUMVEE's are equipped with double beadlocks. I used to run 39.5 Irok's on Trail Ready single beadlocks (pretty much the same expensive thing as Raceline's) on a different vehicle. I experienced a few tires coming off the inner bead until realizing that the particular vehicle was too heavy to run less than 13psi in the rocks due those tires having a very flexible side wall.

I like the stock 80 wheels and have had no issues with them down to 8psi loaded up and wheeling on the rocks and down to 4psi with my 37" trXus in deep snow. My current 80 wheels are pretty beat up and will replace some time either with another set of stock wheels (perhaps upgrade to the fancy LX version 🆒) or with simple steel wheels because i agree with your logic of double or nothing and those have to be custom ordered unless you can run true 8 lug hummer wheels. Not worth the effort in my experience.

Last edited:
I'd guess air in the system is the cause. Hard to say over the interweb though. Do you have a thread started about your issues?

I was thinking aloud there really. No I haven't started one. Been sifting through what's already here first.

Just went to the dealer to get an oil filter and he says those are on sale for $4. So I got 5. Is that a good deal? I was expecting to pay triple that for 1.

I normally have to pay $35 each for Sakura filters, let alone Toyota. If I could get an oem Toyota filter for $4, I'd be buying 100 of them.

While I'm sure that looks and sounds great, I would be concerned with exhaust getting in the cabin, particularly when idling or slow moving such as on trails because it does not protrude beyond the body.

Indeed. I can barely drop my tailgate and stand there with truck running a stock exhaust on a cold winter morning without being gassed to within an inch of my life (in my mind) in less than 30 seconds. I know it's not that bad, but still, having the exhaust right below the door...ehhh...umm...I hope it works well because it looks great!

I normally have to pay $35 each for Sakura filters, let alone Toyota. If I could get an oem Toyota filter for $4, I'd be buying 100 of them.
That's about right for internet prices actually. I picked up 10 for about $5 each last month. Delivered to my door so an extra buck per than yours. : )
What cracked me up is that they are TINY compared to nearly all the aftermarket filters I've seen for the 1FZ. I haven't bothered to look up why that is. I'm told the debate rages hard and furious. lol

That's about right for internet prices actually. I picked up 10 for about $5 each last month. Delivered to my door so an extra buck per than yours. : )
What cracked me up is that they are TINY compared to nearly all the aftermarket filters I've seen for the 1FZ. I haven't bothered to look up why that is. I'm told the debate rages hard and furious. lol
Yeah, there's a debate and a lot of option of that for sure. While I'm currently running large K&N oil filters on my 80s, I do prefer the small ones when I can get them. I notice less timing chain noise on startup with the quality smalls; quicker oil pressurization. (There's a lot of "That what she said..." opportunities here with this topic. lol)

Picked up a tundra , last pic is the spare from the 80 for test fit.

Somehow, I ended up here.

Where did you go? My wife and I are thinking of going out to Four Peaks and look around out there.

That was off the 17 and table Mesa road. Just about anywhere out in the lake pleasand area will have snow capped peaks right now. It’s goegeous!

funny.. this truck just popped up on my FB marketplace for sale. ...put the phone down and open this up and see this! lol nice looking tundra.. i have a 2012 also.
Crazy, I’m not on book of faces to much, weird that it was on there I bought it last week. I really like it the 5.7 is a beast and has all these comforts I’m not use to! This tranny and engine would be nice in the 80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom