What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (49 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Day trip to Canyonlands NP Colorado river overlook. We plan on spending lots more
time exploring this massive park.

Pulled my LX headlights and grille and installed Kelly Saad's grill and headlights. WOW. Just amazing design and craftsmanship.
Went to a club cruiser show at the local Toyota dealer and watched a dust devil pop my tent 100+ feet into the air, amazingly it landed in the dealership lot full of new cars but just glance off a used car glass sunroof without any damage.
Very exciting day for all sorts of reasons. :)
Pics?

Replaced driver and pass side mirrors, installed new hood and rear lift struts, drained transfer case and filledwith synthetic. Need to rebuild front axle due to leaking and a whine when accelerating. What’s the best axle rebuild kit? Recommendations greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Too dark, will take some tomorrow. Its still bare metal. Trying to determine how to finish it. Thinking combo of textured and semi-gloss black powder or body color paint in a semi-gloss finish.

After a full suspension refresh, shocks, coils, CA & panhard bushings, sway bar bushings & links, and a Delta 3” bracket, we had planned to pull the bikes out to the desert & I really wanted to feel how towing the trailer feels with the Delta bracket, but with low elevation snow we opted for a dawn patrol windy run into the mountains. Super solid handling!!! Super stoked.

IMG_3175.jpg

rear_panhard.jpg

Last edited:
What’s the best axle rebuild kit? Recommendations greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I don't know from experience because I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I plan on getting all by diff rebuild parts from Cruiseroutfitters. Their customer service is knowledgeable and can answer any questions you have.
I actually have the exact same issue with a whine during acceleration and I believe its due to a worn ring or pinion gears. Please update us with what the cause was.

Just noticed that thing is LHD. Are you still considering selling? Might be time to second mortgage my house

Im dont really have time for or need more Land Cruisers. A LHD, 1HDT, poptop, with Zero rust is extremely hard to find anywhere much less the USA. Making it hard to pass up for a LCP parts runner.🆒 In the end it most like will go up for sale. But for right now Im having fun:steer:

I'm sure it's been asked before, but I haven't found it... but @LandCruiserPhil do you have documentation on your top build? I love the pop top and how it's molded into the body.

I'm sure it's been asked before, but I haven't found it... but @LandCruiserPhil do you have documentation on your top build? I love the pop top and how it's molded into the body.

Our LHD diesel was purchased exactly as pictured. I do know it was a one off prototype from several years back that was never produced.

Went to Tahoe again.
Saw this very nice 70 that parked next to me at Squaw on Saturday; think it is @MTN77 IIRC?

Then I came out to it buried in snow at Northstar the next day. What a great feeling it was being able to just back out of that mess while everyone else was out there with shovels digging their cars/trucks out. :p

My son wanted to help clean it off, knock yourself out kid! :)

I agree! My 3FE has NO issues pulling my Boston Whaler up and down the East Coast. Then again, I’m only on 33 mt’s. But I seem to pass about anything I want to......within reason! I’ll take my bulletproof 3FE any day.

Being stuck here at home is killing me but Im getting some long awaited project done. Replaced the 100watt solar flex panel on the roof today.
IH8 removing VHB tape:bang: You know you are screwed when you call 3M engineering about removing VHB tape and they tell you is make not to be removed WTF!

The final stretch of “driveway” to a customer’s home today. The picture is misleading. It was WAY steeper than it appears in the pic.

Bridge to cross the creek to the driveway above.

Bombing home in a blizzard. While everyone else stayed home. 140 miles and 8” of snow later...

The ol’ 93 earned her keep today.

Being stuck here at home is killing me but Im getting some long awaited project done. Replaced the 100watt solar flex panel on the roof today.
IH8 removing VHB tape:bang: You know you are screwed when you call 3M engineering about removing VHB tape and they tell you is make not to be removed WTF!

View attachment 1902654View attachment 1902655
I would love a pic of wiring from panel to controller Ive delayed for a while trying to figure out neatest most buletproof way to wire it.

put second set of mud grapplers on her got 70K out of last ones and they still had teeth, also repainted my landcruiser grills grille and installed a new 10 in light bar. Oh my ever growing collection of yota DC driveshafts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom