What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend?

Had a lot of rain recently and I noticed a sloshing sound of water everytime I accelerated from stop and stopped from slow speeds. Checked on this forum and found out I had water in the rocker. Used a ziptie to push through the slits to drain. Also, removed the cover off the steering column to lube since the steering wheel squeaked everytime I made a left turn. Love this site.

Pulled my LX headlights and grille and installed Kelly Saad's grill and headlights. WOW. Just amazing design and craftsmanship.
Went to a club cruiser show at the local Toyota dealer and watched a dust devil pop my tent 100+ feet into the air, amazingly it landed in the dealership lot full of new cars but just glance off a used car glass sunroof without any damage.
Very exciting day for all sorts of reasons. :)

Pulled my LX headlights and grille and installed Kelly Saad's grill and headlights. WOW. Just amazing design and craftsmanship.
Went to a club cruiser show at the local Toyota dealer and watched a dust devil pop my tent 100+ feet into the air, amazingly it landed in the dealership lot full of new cars but just glance off a used car glass sunroof without any damage.
Very exciting day for all sorts of reasons. :)
Pics?

jetmech73

SILVER Star
Replaced driver and pass side mirrors, installed new hood and rear lift struts, drained transfer case and filledwith synthetic. Need to rebuild front axle due to leaking and a whine when accelerating. What’s the best axle rebuild kit? Recommendations greatly appreciated. Thanks!

plutonius

SILVER Star

After a full suspension refresh, shocks, coils, CA & panhard bushings, sway bar bushings & links, and a Delta 3” bracket, we had planned to pull the bikes out to the desert & I really wanted to feel how towing the trailer feels with the Delta bracket, but with low elevation snow we opted for a dawn patrol windy run into the mountains. Super solid handling!!! Super stoked.

IMG_3175.jpg

rear_panhard.jpg

Last edited:
What’s the best axle rebuild kit? Recommendations greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I don't know from experience because I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I plan on getting all by diff rebuild parts from Cruiseroutfitters. Their customer service is knowledgeable and can answer any questions you have.
I actually have the exact same issue with a whine during acceleration and I believe its due to a worn ring or pinion gears. Please update us with what the cause was.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor

Just noticed that thing is LHD. Are you still considering selling? Might be time to second mortgage my house
Im dont really have time for or need more Land Cruisers. A LHD, 1HDT, poptop, with Zero rust is extremely hard to find anywhere much less the USA. Making it hard to pass up for a LCP parts runner.🆒 In the end it most like will go up for sale. But for right now Im having fun:steer:

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor

I'm sure it's been asked before, but I haven't found it... but @LandCruiserPhil do you have documentation on your top build? I love the pop top and how it's molded into the body.
Our LHD diesel was purchased exactly as pictured. I do know it was a one off prototype from several years back that was never produced.

Top Bottom