What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After I swapped out my early 93 ECU over a year ago all has been well. I like to keep as many small Toyota parts in the truck as possible. Starter contacts and plunger, fusible links, fuses, relays, bolts, brake pads, hub studs and nuts, bearings, etc.
Crazy is right! I missed it by a few hours :bang:

Snow line here in SoCal came down low last night. We got a fresh dusting on Mt Wilson and its neighbors visible on my commute in this morning. Makes me want to go play rather than sitting in my office.

My new ECU seems like a slow learner. My old one would take about 50 miles and 4 restarts before it could idle properly, I'm now at 125 miles and a dozen restarts and it's finally idling over 5K. Having to left foot brake and ride the gas for days after each battery disconnect is one of the most frustrating things about my car. I'd hoped that might improve with the new ECU, but it gotten even worse. I'm relieved that it'll idle without dying now, but it still isn't where I'd like it to be. So it goes, I guess. At least I'm not throwing codes.

View attachment 1898791View attachment 1898792View attachment 1898797View attachment 1898798View attachment 1898789
Represented for the 80s out there by leading a group of Rams and Toyotas thru the desert for 5 days of trail and camping. The trip is going to be on an episode of an upcoming Netflix series, Brotherhood of Brew. Drove it hard and it handled everything great. With new 315s, the Icon 2.5s, replaced bushings and links, and regearing my t-case, the truck drove better than ever before!! Everybody was digging how well the 80 handles terrain and take charge, in comparison to their low mile, couple year old, $$$$$ rigs.
Looks so awesome!! Extremely jelly!

Snow line here in SoCal came down low last night. We got a fresh dusting on Mt Wilson and its neighbors visible on my commute in this morning. Makes me want to go play rather than sitting in my office.

My new ECU seems like a slow learner. My old one would take about 50 miles and 4 restarts before it could idle properly, I'm now at 125 miles and a dozen restarts and it's finally idling over 5K. Having to left foot brake and ride the gas for days after each battery disconnect is one of the most frustrating things about my car. I'd hoped that might improve with the new ECU, but it gotten even worse. I'm relieved that it'll idle without dying now, but it still isn't where I'd like it to be. So it goes, I guess. At least I'm not throwing codes.

Dusting on Saddleback in south OC too. I think only the 3rd time since I moved down here in '87 have I seen snow on the peak. 38* this morning on the way to work. Warm by polar vortex standards and I'm sure Midwestern folks would kill for warmth like that, but houses in SoCal aren't built for it very well.

View attachment 1898791View attachment 1898792View attachment 1898797View attachment 1898798View attachment 1898789
Represented for the 80s out there by leading a group of Rams and Toyotas thru the desert for 5 days of trail and camping. The trip is going to be on an episode of an upcoming Netflix series, Brotherhood of Brew. Drove it hard and it handled everything great. With new 315s, the Icon 2.5s, replaced bushings and links, and regearing my t-case, the truck drove better than ever before!! Everybody was digging how well the 80 handles terrain and take charge, in comparison to their low mile, couple year old, $$$$$ rigs.

AWESOME! Where is this at?

Curious, did y'all have to remove the battery/tray to replace the lines?
Man, I honestly don't remember. It would make it easier for sure...so I probably didn't.:bang:

Really hard to explain. Mine sort of did the opposite with the idle post disconnect. I’ve found it best to start the truck and drive it a few times, then, stop, put it in park and let the truck sit idling in park for 5 minutes or so and slowly but surely the idle climbs up to proper 600-700. But again, seems like everyone is different. Good you’re not getting any more 83,84,85 codes anymore though!
AWESOME! Where is this at?
Mainly Death Valley and surrounding ranges.

Installed my lift (OME 2.5/3.5 Heavy Load) with the Super (boring) Bowl on in the background, removed the "brush guard" and changed the oil. If anyone needs a brush guard that is surprisingly stout or some Dobinson's front factory height springs and new OEM shocks hit me up.

Looks good!

I need some OEM shocks, and I am in Knoxville. I'll send you a PM.

Some nor cal snow wheelin today..;)

Snow was dry and light...15 psi was as low as I needed to go down....wet snow I go to 8 psi

009.JPG

019.JPG

048.JPG

057.JPG

I honked the horn at someone who cut me off the other day and it sounded like a dying cat. Fixed that today with some supertones. Man these things are loud. I didn't even use the relay, just made some jumpers to ground to the mounting bolts.

Went camping and tried out a USB LED multi-color remote control light bulb. Yellow light in a bug infested night is amazing. Going to rethink all my lights in Amber.

Parts gathered for next project - belts, seals, pulley, thermostat.
Spare key cut,
Installed light under the attic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom