What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (55 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It could have very well been. My neighbor behind me just had his 100 stolen right out of his driveway. I did leave the sunroof tilted open over the weekend. But I can’t see any footprints, or marks, or anything that looks like a forced entry. :meh:
Maybe the passenger track is stuck or jammed? Weird that it is below the roofline, makes me think someone did push on it or something.

Mine looks like that, but the track on the left side is broken. I had to close it by hand the best I could and tape it shut until I have time and parts to work on it.

Mine did it while closing, not just sitting there and deciding it would break.

Mine looks like that, but the track on the left side is broken. I had to close it by hand the best I could and tape it shut until I have time and parts to work on it.

Mine did it while closing, not just sitting there and deciding it would break.
Great. :bang: Thanks Bilt4me!

what gears are you running with those tires??
Stock diesel 1HD-FT engine, stock manual transmission, stock transfer case, front axle with rear diff, nitro 5.29 gears.

I was scrolling through and recognized that 711 parking lot :)

That is weird, I've never seen a sunroof do that before. Did you notice the wind noise?
Haha! Yup. One of these days we will get together! Ya wind noise is what made me look closer.

84638ABF-9C8E-4F99-83B1-3C5947220896.jpeg
Range Rover seats getting mocked up and installed this week. Wiring for the switches will come later on.

View attachment 1892879 Range Rover seats getting mocked up and installed this week. Wiring for the switches will come later on.
How difficult is it to mount up the brackets? Does the range rover seat play nicely or is extensive fabrication required?

Why is there no "dislike" button? ;)

You hush now. lol The seats are actually very comfy and they have arm rest! No more metal bar in my lower back so I'll take it. :clap:

How difficult is it to mount up the brackets? Does the range rover seat play nicely or is extensive fabrication required?

Seat mounting isn't too bad. I removed the factory feet, welded up a 1/8" steel plate across front and back with some extra modifications in front to clear the inner portion of the tunnel. Rear mounting is slightly more difficult because of the offset of the body that toyota designed. Everything for the most part is straight. The most difficult part of these seats is the wiring, but even that's going to be straight forward. I'll post up a write up once everything is finalized.

Gunna attempt the PHH that just failed last weekend. Looks to be the original hose but with only 1 factory clamp? Made it to 141k miles! Probably just replace the whole system, heater control valve and all.
IMG_0251.jpg

Been using the 80 as a tauntaun as my town has turned into Hoth for the last couple of days. She's been an extremely sturdy workhorse as I drive around in our moonscape. Last night I was filling up the kerosene cans at a place on top of an unprotected hill with winds over 50 MPH in -30F temps and when I went to close the hatch, one of my cheap eBay replacement shocks broke when I tried to close the lift gate. Thankfully, I kept the one good original and I am back in business.

I got to thinking that this might not be a case of cheap Chinesium, but rather that the way this broke was intended rather than mangle either the gate or the part of the body that it attaches to? It makes sense considering the amount of force you can generate when you pull down on the lever that is the rear lift gate.

Anyway, it just snapped right off. Weird...

thumbnail (37).jpg

Found some white stuff

20190112_083016.jpg

Visiting the Albuquerque area the last few days. Did some hiking in Placitas today. On our way back to Las Vegas NV tomorrow morning.

View attachment 1891769

View attachment 1891770

We got back to Vegas yesterday afternoon. Drove 1500 miles during the trip and the truck performed flawlessly! That was the biggest trip we've taken the 80 on so far since we've owned it. Had great weather for travelling. Love being in the desert this time of year!

Lol

cocaine's a hell of a drug.jpg

Gunna attempt the PHH that just failed last weekend. Looks to be the original hose but with only 1 factory clamp? Made it to 141k miles! Probably just replace the whole system, heater control valve and all.
View attachment 1893232

The original configuration will be a cotter pin clamp on the pipe side and a spring clamp on the cylinder head side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom