What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the same spring package and did the 4" landtank caster plates. I haven't aligned it yet. Curious what your numbers come out to be vs mine. Mine were a PAIN to install due to all the drilling through multiple plates of steel. I see the 2.5 plates look much more friendly to install. But totally worth all the drilling, drives like a dream now!

I’ve got parts coming for a front end rebuild and will take it to the alignment shop after that to get measurements. I’m not sure how long it will be but I’ll post up when I can.

I’ve got parts coming for a front end rebuild and will take it to the alignment shop after that to get measurements. I’m not sure how long it will be but I’ll post up when I can.
I did do a 30mm spacer up front though.

BD634A84-4576-4336-8C21-7C38C8CCB302.jpeg

Hauled this home with it. I will be more than quadrupling my MPGs

7C7FAAE8-2E1D-4E38-A82F-ADB98B2B897E.jpeg
Local junkyard received a few 4Runners so I pulled a couple bottle jacks and a window motor. Then, just wanted to check out a wrecked LR Disco 2 and luckily scored two cup holders (without inserts) but for a fistfull of dollars my passengers won’t complain about cupholders.

got a new replacement power steering HP cooler line to replace the leaky factory one found out it will not come out from the bottom (3fe). I have just replaced the radiator, WP and thermostat a couple months ago and not looking forward to yank the radiator and fan again..FML wished i have known about the leak sooner...oh well

tdi? DSG or manual?
My wife has a 14 tdi sportwagen, it's a great car and gets 36-40 mpg after the dieselgate fix.
Yup tdi, and opted for the manual. Didn’t want to deal with the maint internals on the DSG. I’m pretty happy to have bought it. This is a 2014 as well.

Yup tdi, and opted for the manual. Didn’t want to deal with the maint internals on the DSG. I’m pretty happy to have bought it. This is a 2014 as well.

I wish they had an AWD TDI wagon, why they never made one....

I'd even put one together from parts if I could

I wish they had an AWD TDI wagon, why they never made one....

I'd even put one together from parts if I could
I’ve always wanted exactly that too.

I’ve entertained the idea of swapping my 1.8t Audi Avant to Tdi. It’s AWD.

Got my 5.29s and rear arb in, still have to wire up switches for the locker and viair compressor. New depo taillights, stuck some of those projector led reverse lights in should have done that way sooner.

Anyone have a source for a 93-94 o2 sensor harness that runs from the driver side? I've searched all over the top of the transmission and can't seem to find the connector.

View attachment 1872512

Went blizzard camping solo in eastern AZ, by accident.

I am not a great outdoorsman; but, survival usually doesn’t depend on being great, it’s prep.

1. Crisis is more about decisions you make before sh!+ hits the fan.

2. Prep for 2x the amount of people for everything from sleeping bags to food.

3. Have a Land Cruiser 80 as your getaway vehicle.

Arrived at 10am Saturday on the Mogollon Rim (7,500’ elev.) foraged for dead wood, lit a fire, made lunch/dinner, sleep by 7:30pm.

FYI, noticed my tires dug into the snow around 7” while looking for a camp spot pic 1). Supposed to start snowing at 8pm.

Decided to leave if snow got up to 6”, otherwise I wouldn’t be able to find my tracks at night. Slept on and off from 7:30pm to 1am.

1am the blizzard hit, visibility ~ 12’ from windshield, winds around 20mph—loaded up rig and made my getaway by 1:18am—got lost 1x and had to get out to find the tracks, backtrack and start again.

These are all before pics on the cliff where I camped.

Zona

P.S. the Rim received about 14” of "warm snow" by 9am, whatever that means. View attachment 1872488View attachment 1872489 View attachment 1872490View attachment 1872491
Didn't want to just wait it out and go in the morning? Would have been more fun ;)

Got my 5.29s and rear arb in, still have to wire up switches for the locker and viair compressor. New depo taillights, stuck some of those projector led reverse lights in should have done that way sooner.

Anyone have a source for a 93-94 o2 sensor harness that runs from the driver side? I've searched all over the top of the transmission and can't seem to find the connector.
Not sure on this, it's been a while since I moved my 02s, but I believe both come from the harness that drops below the intake down around the PHH. Both go over the top of the transmission and down the passenger side. I pulled one back up and around the back of the engine to make it to the manifold the other was long enough and just pulled up through fender

View attachment 1872512

Went blizzard camping solo in eastern AZ, by accident.

I am not a great outdoorsman; but, survival usually doesn’t depend on being great, it’s prep.

1. Crisis is more about decisions you make before sh!+ hits the fan.

2. Prep for 2x the amount of people for everything from sleeping bags to food.

3. Have a Land Cruiser 80 as your getaway vehicle.

Arrived at 10am Saturday on the Mogollon Rim (7,500’ elev.) foraged for dead wood, lit a fire, made lunch/dinner, sleep by 7:30pm.

FYI, noticed my tires dug into the snow around 7” while looking for a camp spot pic 1). Supposed to start snowing at 8pm.

Decided to leave if snow got up to 6”, otherwise I wouldn’t be able to find my tracks at night. Slept on and off from 7:30pm to 1am.

1am the blizzard hit, visibility ~ 12’ from windshield, winds around 20mph—loaded up rig and made my getaway by 1:18am—got lost 1x and had to get out to find the tracks, backtrack and start again.

These are all before pics on the cliff where I camped.

Zona

P.S. the Rim received about 14” of "warm snow" by 9am, whatever that means. View attachment 1872488View attachment 1872489 View attachment 1872490View attachment 1872491
Way cool and a bit brave, or dumb. Lol. Glad to see fellow az guys gettin out there in weather people didn’t know Az gets!!! Way cool man!!!!

Ready for rough Russian winter

View attachment 1873509

I've put studs in toyo mud grapplers and a few other tires, the mud grapplers I had to drill out first and worked fantastic for a season (put about 250 studs per tire in the grapplers). I wanna do the same for the Iroks maybe next year.

Did you have to drill those? You use a pneumatic stud gun for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom