What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like it's coming along nicely. Are you going to mount the sub in that box? and how is that box being held in there?

Thanks!

Sub is going to be of the removable variety using Neutrik Speakon connectors so it's easy to connect / disconnect. There's not enough airspace in that cavity for me so that's why I'm going removable. The rack is strictly for a sub amp, wiring, fuses, etc.

@RFB
Did they put the viscous coupler back in?

Last edited:
I dug Sheila out of the weeds, she has been neglected for years.

20180818_113544.jpg

Well, today was an attempt to fix the wandering steering and wobble at highway speeds... Jacked her up and found quite a bit of movement from 12 to 6 but none from 3 - 9 so assumed preload was the issue. Pulled the caps and could move the 54mm nuts by hand :doh:

Had already ordered the Trail Gear locking 54mm nuts so set the preload to 13 ft lbs and installed 'em. Passenger side went smooth as silk. Driver's side was very difficult to get screws lined up and wound up getting too much preload on that side. Hub got HOT at highway speeds. Guess I will get to do that again tomorrow!

43402346854_325362cedd_h.jpg
Try flipping the ring with all the holes in it. I had trouble lining one up and after I flipped it all was good.

Saw it at the body shop in Montrose, cool truck. Great to see Maltec bringing in something legal that isn't a VIN-swap future tin can.

View attachment 1765130
yea i had a chance to chat with the guy behind the wheel gave me his number to check out the other maltec rigs very cool but I didnt make it over. had to head east.

Yanked bumpers and louvers, drug them to the powdercoater for semi gloss black.

Got new factory plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Surprisingly easy.

Worked on a battery box that fit my desires. Stock box was damaged when i got it, i like that it seals off the engine heat, but at the same time doesn’t hold the battery very well.

This is a ruffstuff box, bolts into a bunch of stock holes, should work for me.

Flame away:

View attachment 1764711

View attachment 1764712
I made the bracket myself that holds an odyssey extreme group 31 and an odyssey battery holder look identical to your set up after hitting colorado imogene etc it works perfectly.

oil change with the ford 90 degree adaptor, tightened up my steering, adjusted the belts, serviced the coolant and added water wetter. and sliced open my hand on the winch cable then cleaned up the blood trail leading into the house... ouch.

Subaru WRX seat swap complete. I'm lazy and it's too hot to be in the garage these days so I had the guys at Stellar Built help me out again. If you're looking at a seat swap, highly recommend the WRX seats. They are super comfortable and can be found pretty cheap. I got this pair for $200 from the local auto dismantlers.

anvunJ8h.jpg

HnSn9iUh.jpg

Subaru WRX seat swap complete. I'm lazy and it's too hot to be in the garage these days so I had the guys at Stellar Built help me out again. If you're looking at a seat swap, highly recommend the WRX seats. They are super comfortable and can be found pretty cheap. I got this pair for $200 from the local auto dismantlers.

anvunJ8h.jpg

HnSn9iUh.jpg
SWEET!
Are the seats "plug and play?"

My seats, in great shape, seem to have lost their lower back support, so I would be open to this swap.

SWEET!
Are the seats "plug and play?"

My seats, in great shape, seem to have lost their lower back support, so I would be open to this swap.

Not plug and play but probably as easy as it gets for a seat swap. They made new brackets for the front and re-used the rear legs from the OEM seats. Should be an easy project for anyone with basic tools and a small welder.

GDdMDkNh.jpg

Not plug and play but probably as easy as it gets for a seat swap. They made new brackets for the front and re-used the rear legs from the OEM seats. Should be an easy project for anyone with basic tools and a small welder.

GDdMDkNh.jpg

Oh man,
So tempted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom