What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OI000322.jpg
20171015_142459.jpg

Went to Azusa canyon OHV park to h8 some mud!

OI000301.jpg
OI000222.jpg
OI000181.jpg

Last edited:
I was just at the local pick n pull (Wilmington NC) and there was a perfect rear hatch complete with glass! Not a damn thing else left on it, but the rear hatch and glass.&
I need a hatch. I wonder if they would let me pull it with a 10 wk old strapped to my chest. :hmm:

Can you do me a favor and measure those tires diameter mounted on a wheel (side to side to take the weight deflection out of the picture)? Please and thank you. Looking into that size as an "almost" full size spare for brief/emergency use.
I stopped by my shop and measured today and they are right at 34" maybe the are 34.2 like the spec says.

I need a hatch. I wonder if they would let me pull it with a 10 wk old strapped to my chest. :hmm:

Tell me when you want to pull it, and I’ll do all the wrenching. You just take care of the 10 week old and do the paying part! I’ll even help you load it!

Message me if you want help. I have no problem helping, I understand how difficult it is with a little one!

Did nearly 2000 miles roundtrip north out of Colorado Springs up through Steamboat, Tetons, and Yellowstone beginning last Wednesday. Lucky enough to celebrate 20yrs with my wife as well. Headed home out the northeast entrance of Yellowstone and back south through Montana and Wyoming. Only saw an LX and 80 during the trip and it was on the way back nearing Denver.....Come on guys get out there and explore!

20th Trip-1.jpg

20th Trip-14.jpg

20th Trip-17.jpg

20th Trip-29.jpg

20th Trip-33.jpg

Last edited:
Went over to the Ouachita National Forest to camp and wheel. We ended up getting bored of the tight tree trails/gravel roads and saw that Hot Springs, AR was 40 miles away. Went to look up prices for the park and saw that the Southern Cruiser Crawl was going on. Ended up driving there for the afternoon and then headed back to OKC late in the day. Had a couple of weird issues develop that I'll need to diagnose. The 3FE was intermittently struggling to start up. I'm not sure what was causing it to back fire and sputter until I rev'd it to 1500-2000 rpms for 3-4 seconds but I cleaned the air filter and checked for vacuum leaks. And my AC clutch locked up. Since getting back to Oklahoma it hasn't done it since....

IMG_6747.JPG

IMG_6749.JPG

IMG_6752.jpg

IMG_6748.JPG

81709A49-A2CA-4830-9611-E43F306A3EA9.jpeg
B0FB9AF5-662C-4F22-AE1D-ADE88F220E1F.png

183BE37A-9E7E-4231-AAB5-9E685743A002.jpeg

BA9B4F1B-E294-48E5-87D6-16F7CC1960F3.jpeg

Went and did a little desert exploring with @KTP and @kelly saad. Great company and a good time.

No desert bees?
Nope, not this time. There was no water spilt anywhere and with the lack of rain lately I don’t think they were looking.
We did actually see one mosquito o_O

Reactions: KTP
Did nearly 2000 miles roundtrip north out of Colorado Springs up through Steamboat, Tetons, and Yellowstone beginning last Wednesday. Lucky enough to celebrate 20yrs with my wife as well. Headed home out the northeast entrance of Yellowstone and back south through Montana and Wyoming. Only saw an LX and 80 during the trip and it was on the way back nearing Denver.....Come on guys get out there and explore!

View attachment 1555637

View attachment 1555638

View attachment 1555639

View attachment 1555640

View attachment 1555641

Visiting Colorado (Estes, Rocky Mtn area, Eagle, Vail, Aspen, Independence Pass, Denver - wish I had the chance to see more but school:bang:) from Florida, Friday to Monday and saw 7 80's!

Last edited:
really like those tires. I am purchasing new tires for my Lexus LX 470, could you tell me the size of the tires on the silver vehicle in this photo. I am also flying to Phoenix on Saturday and would love to see your trucks in person. Anyway, Tire size would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Tom
I'm assuming this silver one 275/70-18
really like those tires. I am purchasing new tires for my Lexus LX 470, could you tell me the size of the tires on the silver vehicle in this photo. I am also flying to Phoenix on Saturday and would love to see your trucks in person. Anyway, Tire size would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Tom

Our LX470 run Nittos TG2 275/70-18 Great tire we run the TG also on the 80 series

i used the hps kit with no problems so far after 10000 miles. the only piece i didn't use was the phh as i opted to bypass the pipe. its 100X easier to bypass it.
Great to hear! Thx for the feedback. I was going to do the bypass but guess I have a taste for roughness. First time PHH project... so I can check that one off on my bucket list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom