What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since moving to south georgia there arent any places within 3 hours to get into the woods and use the lockers, I'm ashamed to say its been 3 years since my truck has been in its natural habitat. This weekend there was a charity event at a park called River Rock 2 hours from the house thats been closed for several years, so i made it a point to be there. Its not like what you guys in the western states have to play in but it was a lot of fun no less.
View attachment 1555107 View attachment 1555108 View attachment 1555109 View attachment 1555110 View attachment 1555111
How are those kumho tires working for ya? My friend just got a set of the same but hasn't put many miles on them.

Thx. I used the HPS provided ss sleeved clamps and they seem to be holding up so far. I had to tighten 3 after the pressure test drive (may just have been my error) but seem to be holding up after a couple of weeks going back and forth to work. They're really great quality. We will see?

View attachment 1555134

View attachment 1555135
i used the hps kit with no problems so far after 10000 miles. the only piece i didn't use was the phh as i opted to bypass the pipe. its 100X easier to bypass it.

How are those kumho tires working for ya? My friend just got a set of the same but hasn't put many miles on them.

I like them, I had them in 285, they lasted several years and I sold them and that guy used them for a couple more years.. this 315 set I've had a little over a year and still look new. They work well off road too. I recommend them anytime I'm asked

That’s really looks good and clean. Love it!

@LandCruiserPhil Thank You for the Tundra wheels! I finally got around to getting some tires mounted on them. No spacers and I got 285/75/17 Cooper st maxx's on them.

IMG_20171015_084140_378.jpg

IMG_20171015_084140_382.jpg

IMG_20171015_084140_379.jpg

@LandCruiserPhil Thank You for the Tundra wheels! I finally got around to getting some tires mounted on them. No spacers and I got 285/75/17 Cooper st maxx's on them.

View attachment 1555283

View attachment 1555284

View attachment 1555285

Can you do me a favor and measure those tires diameter mounted on a wheel (side to side to take the weight deflection out of the picture)? Please and thank you. Looking into that size as an "almost" full size spare for brief/emergency use.

Can you do me a favor and measure those tires diameter mounted on a wheel (side to side to take the weight deflection out of the picture)? Please and thank you. Looking into that size as an "almost" full size spare for brief/emergency use.
Won't be till later in the week but I sure can.

While you're waiting for a physical measurement, the COOPER website lists 34.06" as the diameter of the 285/75/17's.

Discoverer S/T MAXX | Cooper Tire

I have the same tires in the 255 version and can't say enough good things about them. Quiet and predictable as a road tire and great traction in dirt and snow.

Got the beloved p0401 code in papas 96'. Picked up a scanner and cleared it. So far so good. Read up all about it and will tackle the job later. On my 95' picked up a exhaust stud kit from Napa ($6.49) and ran the nuts up the stubs....and ya know what...it's quiet. And extra bonus..it cleared my cel. Didn't even need the scanner there. Dug out a pair of lockouts and cleaned em all up for the future PT kit. Been running flush threw the cooling system all week. Neglected poor thing. Little more luvin and she'll be better.

I love new rubber:) arrived a couple days early

View attachment 1548059
really like those tires. I am purchasing new tires for my Lexus LX 470, could you tell me the size of the tires on the silver vehicle in this photo. I am also flying to Phoenix on Saturday and would love to see your trucks in person. Anyway, Tire size would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Tom

Since moving to south georgia there arent any places within 3 hours to get into the woods and use the lockers, I'm ashamed to say its been 3 years since my truck has been in its natural habitat. This weekend there was a charity event at a park called River Rock 2 hours from the house thats been closed for several years, so i made it a point to be there. Its not like what you guys in the western states have to play in but it was a lot of fun no less.
View attachment 1555107 View attachment 1555108 View attachment 1555109 View attachment 1555110 View attachment 1555111
truth be told I just got back from out west hit all the good spots and I was missing our mud water crossing etc.

truth be told I just got back from out west hit all the good spots and I was missing our mud water crossing etc.
What gets me is the scenery I see in a lot of these posts.. Post card backgrounds seem the norm in the Rockies. Maybe one day I'll get to visit

While you're waiting for a physical measurement, the COOPER website lists 34.06" as the diameter of the 285/75/17's.

Discoverer S/T MAXX | Cooper Tire

I have the same tires in the 255 version and can't say enough good things about them. Quiet and predictable as a road tire and great traction in dirt and snow.
Seconded. I'm running the 315 variety and very happy after ~20k miles.

What gets me is the scenery I see in a lot of these posts.. Post card backgrounds seem the norm in the Rockies. Maybe one day I'll get to visit
DSCN3636.JPG
like these lol

DSCN3639.JPG

DSCN3652.JPG

DSCN3657.JPG

Reactions: RFB
Finally got around to fixing an exhaust leak that has been buzzing for the last week. New y-pipe was not finished correctly and it had to be ground down a bit. Walker pipe not Toyota, so I guess I got what I paid for.

Started the rear bumper removal for the new 4x4 Labs install. Broke just about every damn bolt on the factory bumper, but that is just par for the rust-belt course. Next step, sawzall!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom