What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (68 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This truck is finally coming together... finished the Prinsu finally. Had to order some additional hardware. I've come to the realization that buying a fully built truck is underrated. Between the WK Sliders a few weeks ago and now the rack, this is a lot of work and nothing is easy...:wrench: View attachment 1542585
NT Plates, If you can ever get there, do it :)
2017-08-06 12.10.55.jpg
2017-08-06 12.12.15.jpg

Pulling out old stuff, putting in new stuff.

This thing is a lot bigger than I thought from other people's pictures. It's also really heavy. I expect my quarter mile times to improve (insignificantly).

i.php

I don't know why there's so much residue (RTV?) on the spinny-roundy-holy-thing:

20170923154042-1fbbe120-la.jpg

i.php

Swapped my fox 2.0 IFP shocks to TJM adjustables. Only in the front, still have fox out back. One of the foxes had blown, and I didn't want to spend money rebuilding shocks that only lasted 2 years. Initial test drive felt great, set at 4.

21942051_10155829662044571_888430631_n.jpg

Amen to buying a stock 80. Got mine 6 months ago. baselined the most I could afford. VC locked up. Put used VC from an eBay sellers (God Bless that guy for selling to it me) and haven't looked back.
Last weekend I went up rowher trail near my house alone just to test myself. Small crappy m+s tires. Only once put her in low. This truck just wants to go up and up if you drive it right.

I'll get to all the mods eventually. Taking the advice of the forum, and spending money on gas and trips to get out and have fun.

Amen to buying a stock 80. Got mine 6 months ago. baselined the most I could afford. VC locked up. Put used VC from an eBay sellers (God Bless that guy for selling to it me) and haven't looked back.
Last weekend I went up rowher trail near my house alone just to test myself. Small crappy m+s tires. Only once put her in low. This truck just wants to go up and up if you drive it right.

I'll get to all the mods eventually. Taking the advice of the forum, and spending money on gas and trips to get out and have fun.
Spending your money on gas and actually getting out there is the most important part of this hobby. This forum (and to some degree myself included) often forgets that. Use your f***ing truck. That next mod may benefit you on the trail just a little bit, but if you aren't getting out there as frequently as you can, it's just wasted $$$

My son and i (@mcguirejohnson ) found a poverty pack roof and headliner at the local pick in pulView attachment 1542511 View attachment 1542512 l. Saving for a future build he's gonna do :)
BTW if anyone is in the San Antonio area this rig has perfect rear and 3rd row dark brown cloth seats. Seat belts are good too. Non tinted glass in the doors as well, I snagged the quarter glass though.. pick and pull off of applewhite blvd.

Edit.. & door panels other than the drivers front

Last edited:
2" TourFlex coils are in production. Finally gotten enough interest for the 2" and very happy with the feed back on the 3" TourFlex.

These will have the same dual rate tapered wire design like my 3" coils.

J

TourFlex vs OEM
IMG_20170614_165756340.jpg

TourFlex with 45mm Tough Dog Adjustable

Front TourFlex Taper.jpg

Do you have plans for that big chunk of metal? Would you be up for a little destructive investigation? I would love to have someone drill a hole in the side of one and see if they could drain the fluid out. I suspect it is a fluid not unlike what is in the radiator fan clutch. I am wondering if you could similarly tune your center "limited slip" lol.

Pulling out old stuff, putting in new stuff.

This thing is a lot bigger than I thought from other people's pictures. It's also really heavy. I expect my quarter mile times to improve (insignificantly).

i.php

I don't know why there's so much residue (RTV?) on the spinny-roundy-holy-thing:

20170923154042-1fbbe120-la.jpg

i.php

Went to the Iowa all breeds jeep show today. I stayed up until 4am getting my york 210 setup from @NLXTACY installed. It worked perfectly even though I don't have a tank yet. Aired up my 35s rather quickly. Probably my favorite mod so far! Obstacle course was pretty fun. They had blue green and black ~easy to hard obstacles. The 80 walked over the blue obstacles rather easily. I'm hoping to get back tomorrow for the black diamond obstacles. The wooded trail was extremely mild, especially compared to miobi. Just a fairly flat trail with a few slightly off camber spots and some tight turns through trees. Also got third place in the Toyota class, I'm guessing 1st and 2nd were the father/son pair of 40s. Just noticed my award sticker was from 2016 lol.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Do you have plans for that big chunk of metal? Would you be up for a little destructive investigation? I would love to have someone drill a hole in the side of one and see if they could drain the fluid out. I suspect it is a fluid not unlike what is in the radiator fan clutch. I am wondering if you could similarly tune your center "limited slip" lol.

Sadly, I'm planning to keep it bagged and boxed for when I realize what a fool I've been and return the whole thing to stock.

All I got to do was to start the knuckle service on my 80. I got the right side torn apart after dinner. Good thing it's not my DD.

Replaced the lift gate yesterday with a unrusted example. The replacement did not have the wind deflector and is even the same color :beer: Turned out to be :banana: job.

Change oil.

The 93 is parked for the next 3 weeks. Needs new rear rotors and pads. Rather than rush it to get her done before I go to Europe she sits parked. The 92 is getting daily duty. Decided to do a valve adjustment since she has 250k on her and she's never had it done. Never done this before so we'll see how this goes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom