What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (106 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took the long way home to checkout the big waves.
SAM_1558.JPG
SAM_1528.JPG
SAM_1527.JPG
SAM_1541.JPG

Scored two factory aluminum wheels and one steel wheel from my buddies salvage yard. Rounding up a set for winter tires, yokohama geolander i/t's. Steel wheel will become a spare, and I've got two others. They are in rough shape, but they'll do. Got them blasted within an hour and ready for powder coating
20151207_142850.jpg
20151207_162257.jpg

Scored two factory aluminum wheels and one steel wheel from my buddies salvage yard. Rounding up a set for winter tires, yokohama geolander i/t's. Steel wheel will become a spare, and I've got two others. They are in rough shape, but they'll do. Got them blasted within an hour and ready for powder coating View attachment 1172792View attachment 1172793

If they are "winter wheels" why not just rattle can them. As much salt and sand as you guys use up there they are bound to get dinged and scratched. Just thinking aloud.

If they are "winter wheels" why not just rattle can them. As much salt and sand as you guys use up there they are bound to get dinged and scratched. Just thinking aloud.
Because powder coating is by far the best way to refinish a wheel. Also it just so happens I own a powder coating business so it would be more work to rattle can them!:grinpimp:

Because powder coating is by far the best way to refinish a wheel. Also it just so happens I own a powder coating business so it would be more work to rattle can them!:grinpimp:

Clearly someone is biased... :flipoff2:

I got to try out my new locker, Line-x, and sliders today on a few Forest Service Roads in N. Georgia. I heard a pretty good "thump" while on the trails, but I didn't see the broken tree branch until after I'd driven two hours and was almost home. It was wedged pretty tight; I had to beat it out.

FSR #44B.jpg FSR #44C.jpg FSR #178.jpg FSR #224.jpg This one.jpg

There's a decent little fire road about 4 miles north from the lot you're at. Just before Costanoa on the 1. Takes you up the hill for some nice views of the coast. Btw, I think you passed me on Saturday on hwy 1 too, in SC, no?
I'll have to check that view next time. It wasnt me on Saturday but i have seen a few nice cruisers on skyline passed Alices ladt Friday.

While helping out @Dr Gil with his drawers and wiring for his fridge decided to make some mounts for the Anderson plug I made for his ARB fridge. Still working out the fine details of it but I think I have it mostly worked out. You can find out more about it in the electronics section: Wits' End Anderson SB50 PowerPole Custom Mounts

Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 3.10.53 AM.png

Its to properly mount this guy:
img_1234-jpg.1172919

Replaced my windshield! I can see again! :)

Did you do it yourself or pay someone like Safelite? I need to do this too, but the stories on Safelite are 50/50 on success.

Did you do it yourself or pay someone like Safelite? I need to do this too, but the stories on Safelite are 50/50 on success.
Yep I used Safelite. I've had Safelite replace several windshields for me on all my vehicles and they have always been top notch, and at least the guys here know how to do the cruisers the right way with a new gasket and using adhesive inside and out on the gasket. Lots of places just use adhesive on the outside and the glass ends up being noisy over bumps and leaks at the corners.

Yep I used Safelite. I've had Safelite replace several windshields for me on all my vehicles and they have always been top notch, and at least the guys here know how to do the cruisers the right way with a new gasket and using adhesive inside and out on the gasket. Lots of places just use adhesive on the outside and the glass ends up being noisy over bumps and leaks at the corners.

Great news (and pretty much what I had decided too). Thanks for confirming!

Great news (and pretty much what I had decided too). Thanks for confirming!

I've read in the past that you pretty much need to watch like a hawk and print off the instructions/FSM. With something like that, it's better to make sure it's done right the first time.

Installed my new struts today. They came yesterday but I was at work late and didn't feel like doing it. So after I smacked my head this morning I took the 3 minutes to replace them. Thanks to Jason aka CruiserYard aka @arcteryx for easy and quick delivery!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449606169.372430.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449606188.956433.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Freaked out because I was convinced my heater core was leaking and it was going to cost me big time. Upon further investigation I think I have a water leak, either from the sunroof or windshield area. Still trying to figure it out. Replaced some light bulbs and pulled drain plugs to let out about a gallon or more of water in the body panels.

Cut my ugly bumper and turned it into an uglier bumper.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449611321.910777.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449611549.241792.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449611353.095145.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449611384.330167.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449611411.214346.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom