What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

replaced front shocks

14%2B-%2B1

I know the weekend is barely starting, but I found myself with one hour to myself tonight and decided to finally wire in my inclinometer.

I got a diagram from another member that helped me tremendously.

I used power from the cigarette lighter (since it has a light that dims). For the always on, I used the ways on power for the radio.

Works perfectly. Dims and everything.

I used these nifty splicers from the Home Depot. Came in very handy.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408151331.305959.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408151339.844592.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408151367.629237.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408151378.323636.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408151414.964940.jpg

I agree Mark, I think the thread should be "What did you do with your 60 THIS WEEK... "

J
that would just consolidate everyone's thread into this one. I'll like that idea once I'm drunk. Check back in 20:beer:

But, not everyone has a thread... and some are like me and forget about what they did... HA!

J

It happens, I often find a bunch of pictures on my phone that I forgot to attach to my thread. Just ordered run flat slime. Next weekend I'm hoping to pick up another goodyear tire. Debating on driving on my creepy crawlers in the meanwhile.

I spy mtb wheels in there! Do tell where and what (bike and trails).

Any chance you have a little write-up on what you did.. Mine is cracked in a few areas around the screw holes and I would like to fix it. Where did you buy the Plastic Putty and what other type of epoxy would you use?

JB Weld in thin coats. Hold any cracks in place with super glue first. In the screw holes find an appropriate sized washer and epoxy it in place. Continue to add thin coats after each cure and feather it away from the screw pockets. Don't be in a rush and let is cure all the way. One coat every 24 hours....in 3 days good as new. Install slowly pushing the trim in place and tightening the screw down on it, don't expect the screw to suck it up tight. the Did it to mine and also found a spare trim ring and fixed that one up as well.
I've taken mine apart at least 10 time since the repairs and has not cracked yet.

JB Weld in thin coats. Hold any cracks in place with super glue first. In the screw holes find an appropriate sized washer and epoxy it in place. Continue to add thin coats after each cure and feather it away from the screw pockets. Don't be in a rush and let is cure all the way. One coat every 24 hours....in 3 days good as new. Install slowly pushing the trim in place and tightening the screw down on it, don't expect the screw to suck it up tight. the Did it to mine and also found a spare trim ring and fixed that one up as well.
I've taken mine apart at least 10 time since the repairs and has not cracked yet.

Thanks! I'm betting this will work for the TOYOTA on the grille. Mine has a couple cracks and one small hole. The trick would be to match original color I'm thinking.

Rear brakes.... What a mongrel job! Drum stuck on to start with, seized hand brake lever (the alloy block that mounts behind the drum with the metal sleeve on the inside), rusted and broken hand brake cables inside the drums (and assembled the wrong way), rusted circlips, no shoes left, and me with no idea of what I am doing....
image.jpg

Relocated the rear number plate, after the rear wheel carrier install and wired up a couple of led number plate lights.

I got those from DownSouthMotorsports...
These are for the FZJ80's with 3" to 4" lift coil suspension.
Im running these under the frame swap I did...
They also sell them for the 2.5" lift..
Im sure if you contact them they would be able to tell you if these would work on a leaf suspension... After all they just shocks....

My good friend Steve came over and we power washed the engine bay, frame and underbody.

30 years of grime under there.

A lot cleaner now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom