What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got my inclinometer installed and working correctly and map light wired and installed. Soooo nice to have a working clock in the cruiser and the wiring was not as hard as advertised.

Definitely post up what you did for wiring. That info was always hard to come by!

Bear Lake - where did you source the OEM front seat belts? I thought they were NLA?!?

...via IH8MUD app

Bear Lake - where did you source the OEM front seat belts? I thought they were NLA?!?

...via IH8MUD app
Beno in Atlanta got me the drivers side, new. Passenger is NLA but I found a good used one from cruiserparts.com in New Hampshire. The only thing wrong was the buckle slid to the floor as the double looped frame had half missing. No worries, a seat belt stop plug like this solved the problem. And a little work with the grinder to smooth off the broken plastic. Other than that the webbing, fit and color was perfect. My old ones did not safety catch upon rapid deceleration. Plus the webbing was decomposing.
2014-08-11 14.08.46.jpg

Replaced thermostat and missing top gasket, drained and flushed coolant, replaced horn contact pin, and fixed/painted cracked heater control panel

View attachment 928252
Paint job looks nice, I should have sprayed mine down when I had it out this past weekend

Replaced the rusted/burst oil cooler. Replaced the cracked lower thermostat housing (and the thermostat, too, for good measure).

Oh yeah, and went full desmog. Haven't had the chance to really test it yet, but riding around the neighborhood, it sounds and feels SOOOOOO much better than before--and it passed inspection, to boot! :steer:

That looks great. What did you do to fix the cracks?

Thanks man. I used JB Weld Plastic Putty. It worked well on most of the cracks. However, on the cracks with less surface area, it wasn't as strong. If I were to do it again I would use a less viscous epoxy for the smaller cracks. Following that, I primed with Plastikote plastic primer, then top coated with Duplicolor Medium Gray vinyl paint, and Satin Black Krylon Fusion for the inner area. The medium gray is a real close match to OEM.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Over the past couple of months I have been mucking around making / trial-fitting / trimming / welding / fitting etc a rear bar. It is nearly at the stage of grinding and painting - not exactly how I wanted it, but it will do for now to get it registered. My licence plate light assembly was totally rusted out (as was every second hand one I came across, so I made one out of galv sheet, with LED strip lighting for the number plate...

Did some camping.

I spy mtb wheels in there! Do tell where and what (bike and trails).

Thanks man. I used JB Weld Plastic Putty. It worked well on most of the cracks. However, on the cracks with less surface area, it wasn't as strong. If I were to do it again I would use a less viscous epoxy for the smaller cracks. Following that, I primed with Plastikote plastic primer, then top coated with Duplicolor Medium Gray vinyl paint, and Satin Black Krylon Fusion for the inner area. The medium gray is a real close match to OEM.

Any chance you have a little write-up on what you did.. Mine is cracked in a few areas around the screw holes and I would like to fix it. Where did you buy the Plastic Putty and what other type of epoxy would you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom