What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished the last of the body work yesterday. I had a crushed door from an older gentleman driving into it in a parking lot. Took it to a body shop who beat it so I could roll my window down but said it couldn't be fix. They did way more damage than the original dent. I decided to give it a go myself. Not perfect but I can live with it. My original paint isn't exactly pristine.
IMG_20230219_162507266~3.jpg
IMG_20230225_121216917_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20230120_125034165_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Finished the last of the body work yesterday. I had a crushed door from an older gentleman driving into it in a parking lot. Took it to a body shop who beat it so I could roll my window down but said it couldn't be fix. They did way more damage than the original dent. I decided to give it a go myself. Not perfect but I can live with it. My original paint isn't exactly pristine. View attachment 3257817View attachment 3257818View attachment 3257819
You did a great job!

Wow, excellent work on that door!

If you are replacing your seatbelts, the “charcoal” colored seatbelts look better than the regular grey belts from seatbelt planet. The grey is more of a match to the metal lighter grey in the dash.

Here are 2 pics of them in the truck and a pic of fj62 stock rear seatbelts in my 60 for reference.

The seatbelt quality is super nice. Definitely worth it. I will say though, before you order, call and make sure they use Grey accent plastics on your seatbelts. For some reason they use black plastic bits on the charcoal seatbelts. If you ask them before they build your seatbelts to use the grey accents, they will do it. I learned this the hard way

View attachment 3256009

View attachment 3256010

View attachment 3256011
Where did you buy the seatbelts?
Thanks.

Finished the last of the body work yesterday. I had a crushed door from an older gentleman driving into it in a parking lot. Took it to a body shop who beat it so I could roll my window down but said it couldn't be fix. They did way more damage than the original dent. I decided to give it a go myself. Not perfect but I can live with it. My original paint isn't exactly pristine. View attachment 3257818View attachment 3257819View attachment 3258324
You should defiantly go back to the body shop and shove that in their face.

x2 on great work on the door -
What type of front bumper is that. It looks good.

Yesterday I drove to Gainesville, GA to help a good friend of mine hang another ham radio antenna.

@CruiserTrash looking forward to your write up on the rear washer line replacement. I have this on my to-do list and it doesn’t look like a lot of fun. Very interested to see what tricks you came up with!
I found it helpful to use one of these tubing splices to help fish in a new hose.

image.jpg

x2 on great work on the door -
What type of front bumper is that. It looks good.
4Plus front bumper. I've got the 4Plus rear bumper with the tire/gas can carrier as well. They were at the high price end of the aftermarket bumpers but I think they (especially the front) are the best looking bumpers out there. Rock solid and great quality.
IMG_20230120_125102824_HDR~3.jpg

Last edited:
Side question, rear shoulder retracts. Which set is the one to buy? I have the c pillar threads from factory but don’t want lap belts.
I just went with a set pulled from a fj62 with shoulder belts. That way you can get all the trim and what not so it looks factory

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom