What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went to Anza, got drunk and grabbed tacos in Borrego Springs

512A81A9-10B9-46D2-8276-C588634015C3.jpeg

2D83629B-846B-4CBF-9D16-DC4C9E9B51C1.jpeg

Finally got my Planted seat brackets. Experienced a few delays here and there due to COVID and riots. The Scheelmann seats are in the truck now and a really nice upgrade. This is the 5th truck I’ve installed these in and the 60 series has by far been the best improvement. My factory seats are perfect condition but the factory form just does not cut it.

9A9C80BC-EF34-4CC4-9ED6-8227973DBCF8.jpeg

The armrests are in perfect position and do not interfere with the center console.

Finally got my Planted seat brackets. Experienced a few delays here and there due to COVID and riots. The Scheelmann seats are in the truck now and a really nice upgrade. This is the 5th truck I’ve installed these in and the 60 series has by far been the best improvement. My factory seats are perfect condition but the factory form just does not cut it.

View attachment 2327734

The armrests are in perfect position and do not interfere with the center console.
I've had the BMW seats in my 62 series for a couple years and really like them. Used Torfab brackets for those. I have a Tuffy console in there too. Do you think the armrests would hit it? Do you have a thread on this seat install? thanks.

I've had the BMW seats in my 62 series for a couple years and really like them. Used Torfab brackets for those. I have a Tuffy console in there too. Do you think the armrests would hit it? Do you have a thread on this seat install? thanks.

@samtoddlee I think the armrests would clear it. If you shoot me a PM with some measurements I’ll check it out. Also no build thread on this truck. The install is super simple with the correct Planted brackets. However, if you go that direction you have to CALL Planted and ask for the Scheelmann mounting setup. I don’t think it says this on the website but they advised me their brackets are tailored to Recaro and you should need to do a bit of drilling to get the Scheelmann setup to work. But if you call and let them know they can make a set for you to work with the SM seats.

A week ago my brake booster died so I sourced a used 80 series booster from @slow95z. Bolts right up and now have brakes that work as intended. The MC is a non-ABS 80 series working 4 wheel discs.

IMG_4511.JPG

IMG_4511.JPG

@samtoddlee I think the armrests would clear it. If you shoot me a PM with some measurements I’ll check it out. Also no build thread on this truck. The install is super simple with the correct Planted brackets. However, if you go that direction you have to CALL Planted and ask for the Scheelmann mounting setup. I don’t think it says this on the website but they advised me their brackets are tailored to Recaro and you should need to do a bit of drilling to get the Scheelmann setup to work. But if you call and let them know they can make a set for you to work with the SM seats.
thanks much for the information. they look super comfortable. like more comfortable than 80 series seats.

Planned to finish 2” OME install...best laid plans right? Shock absorber crossmember is rusted off so need to fab that. U bolt plates are shot. Did manage to replace antenna, upgrade seatbelts in rear with shoulder harnesses, and install a new blue tooth stereo. All in all a productive weekend. Just wanna get that suspension done.
Keep rockin

E

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom