What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I also added a filler piece when the seat folds down to gain more space. All super quick set up and everything easy to use.

Finally got around to build out the rest of my cargo area. Built the drawers. Full size sliding cutting board. Removeable dividers, 100% new wool rug I got from a job. All materials I collected for free over the past few months. Except drawer slides and cutting board. Super excited to get this in the forest.

View attachment 2340160

View attachment 2340161

View attachment 2340162

View attachment 2340163

View attachment 2340164

084F42C2-37C1-40A8-AE47-6EECCF4CF8D1.jpeg

2FBC8449-611D-4952-B228-6FE73CCED6DE.jpeg

Finally got around to build out the rest of my cargo area. Built the drawers. Full size sliding cutting board. Removeable dividers, 100% new wool rug I got from a job. All materials I collected for free over the past few months. Except drawer slides and cutting board. Super excited to get this in the forest.

That looks really fantastic, nice work. Do you have a cut list you’d be willing to share? :)

View attachment 2340160

View attachment 2340161

View attachment 2340162

View attachment 2340163

View attachment 2340164
Time to plan a 60s campout at my Crater Lake Property buddy, Looks great!:beer::cool:
C755ACB2-6590-4797-B86B-8243517BE65E.jpeg

7B57E6EB-56E6-417A-B744-2B4D12A6BB02.jpeg

49181FBF-90AF-48FC-BC32-F58A2EAC1342.jpeg

Installed my submersible and hand pump in the well about a month ago, so I’ve got water 💦 💦 :bounce2::bounce:
Flyfishing the Sycan, Sprague and Williamson River
E58466D0-594A-4017-8DA7-54FFC9C3957E.jpeg

Last edited:
The last couple days I did some things on my BJ60. Today I drained the diesel tank since it had some old fuel in it from when I bought it, maybe 3-4 years old. I was going to put the snake camera inside to check for rust but the diesel came out so pristine I couldn't believe it was that old ( I did put some fresh stuff in the other week but that maybe diluted the old stuff 2x) and I decided to not even look in the tank. I put the drain plug back in using the same rubber gasket which seemed OK. In the process I spilled a bit of diesel on the grass. Apparently it's biodegradable but I dug up most of the grass and will digest it in the sun in a metal barrel for the summer with some oil spill powder thrown in. And the fuel gauge was at maybe 1/8 or less but still a good 40 liters (10 gallons) came out (I was somewhat prepared but it just kept coming like Dumb and Dumber and I had to scramble to get the next bucket underneath -- hence the spills). Good to know. So when I'm at 1/8 tank I still have 250 miles range left @ 25 mpg. Now I stink of diesel. At least the diesel itself isn't really carcinogenic.

I also managed to get off the three nuts / bolts holding the exhaust pipe onto the exhaust manifold on the 3B to fix the exhaust leak just under the flange there. I busted one of the studs but the other two nuts came off. So now the exhaust manifold needs to come off so I can drill out that stud and weld in a new one. Plus I discovered that the lower bolts holding on the manifold to the engine were loose so I'm sure the gasket is gone and needs to be replaced. I'll de-rust the thing and put it back on properly after coating with a good high heat paint (any suggestions?). I'll also weld up the holes in the exhaust pipe in a few places so hopefully after this I won't get gassed or cancer driving down the road.

I also started removing the rusty trim piece holding the rear weather gasket on below the tailgate. @Spook50 needs to do this and it's actually pretty simple when you start peeling it back. The hardest part will be finding some angle metal to replace it.

20200615_190826.jpg

Hmm.... what else.... just focusing on these high priority things now. Oh yeah the rear diff fill plug won't budge even with the blow torch and I rounded it so I guess I'll have to file it down to 23 mm now for a really snug fit...

Last edited:
Put a new slave cylinder in. I was having this weird issue with the pedal feeling like it had air in it after sitting for a couple days, and it needed to be pumped up. The slave wasn’t leaking, so I guess time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom